Sign in to follow this  
cvw

shaved ariel

so my ariel has broken and i have seen the wiki on how to replace and fix which is great but can anyone suggest the best way to shave the whole thing off and still retain good radio frequency pickup .

ta

My mums Saab 95 doesn't have an external aerial, instead the aerial is the tax disc holder, works well....

My mums Saab 95 doesn't have an external aerial, instead the aerial is the tax disc holder, works well....

What dude - how does that work, sounds cool - can you get any pics or some thing??? :? :wink: :lol:

No idea, its just looks like a black square a few mm thick. Goes in the bottom left corner as normal and holds the tax disc as well..

As it syour Mum's car - tell her she does'nt really need it / steal it and fit it to your car and take some pic's of the install :lol:

you can get an amplified self adhesive aerial in halfords that you can stick to the windscreen behind your interior mirror, £12.99 i think.

Spose the problem is, if they're that cheap and effective then why are cars still made with aerials?

The Saab one works well though!

Spose the problem is, if they're that cheap and effective then why are cars still made with aerials?

The Saab one works well though!

yeah thats the point!!!??? why dont we start a new section of things we try/mod to see the effects ? ? ? ?

Can we call on the Mod's???? a possible new section where people can add/remove/try/mod all types of adaptions to thier rides and report ideas-progress and results up here for all to see ! ! ? Mod's? what do you think good idea?

i have one of the glass mount amplified ones from halfrauds on mine and the signal is much better than the standard aerial (even a new standard one), i only fitted it as i now have a gps shark fin where the standard one used to be.

I have seen the rear de-mister used as an ariel before. I'm not sure if you lose the use of it as an actual de-mister in the process though.

cool. will check the ha\";\ds one out but also the rear mister trick sounds wicked .

Can we call on the Mod's???? a possible new section where people can add/remove/try/mod all types of adaptions to thier rides and report ideas-progress and results up here for all to see ! ! ? Mod's? what do you think good idea?

and then sub divide it into "external" and "internal", or "Ice and secure" for stereos, and then have a seperate section for "off-topic", and a "for sale" section.....

oh, we already have all those things, it's the forum....

:roll:

and then sub divide it into "external" and "internal", or "Ice and secure" for stereos, and then have a seperate section for "off-topic", and a "for sale" section.....

:lol: :D :lol:

Ford Orions had the aerial in the demister as standard, so it is possible to do it and have both working, dunno how though!

its not a new idea, my old mans Sierra had this, and that was on a K plate.

:roll:

How did I gess that it would be you that spotted my point.......... I'm not all just good looks you know Dave, that was the point I was trying to get across - just in a nice way {waiting for a Mod to point it out :lol: } but you have done the job {maybe you should become a Mod/sniper :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: 8) :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :p :twisted: :!: Dave :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

cool, you found the caps lock key ;)

if you look through the forum, then the majority of posts in the above sections start "what do you think of....?" "do you think I should....?" "has anyone....?".

That's what the forum has always been about :)

You never know next there will be things like - personal car progress reports and wheel advice, maybe a buying section {you know this could take off} :2gunfire: