Sign in to follow this  
g60greeny

now i got an oil leak!!could it be linked to the noise??

right really not happy now :mad:

just found out i got quite a bad oil leak,cant see where its comin from as its to dark,but i only just parked up outside the house an within seconds there was oil drippin onto the road!!

my next concern is........could the noise that i thought was a dodgy wheel bearin be somethin that is connected to my new found oil leak???

if so thats startin to sound really expensive

i;m sure theres no noise when i'm coastin,just when i put my foot down?

anybody have any ideas?i will try an take some pics 2morro

It could be from anywhere, could be charger, engine or gearbox. Could be as simple as a gasket that has gone. Really you need to investigate where it is coming from tomorrow.

just took a few snaps,it only seems to really leak while the engines runnin?

anyone shed any light as i know feck all :lol:

DSC00401.jpg

DSC00400.jpg

DSC00399.jpg

hi there mate mine leaks a bit like this changed rocker cover gasket last week all sealed up ,but it is leaking from around the pully area thats all can put it down to on mine as else were on gasket is sealed

The oil you're trying to point out to us in those pictures, can you see any trails as to where it is running to (oil leaves a trace)? If you can see a clear path from that pulley in your picture, then you'll have to replace the oil seal behind the pulley (looks like the crankshaft pulley seal that's gone).

If the oil is leaking when the engine is running, TBH, I would not drive the car anymore until you het the problem fixed ;-)

Tempest

yeah its been parked up all night

i left a tray underneath it last night expectin it to be full this mornin,which it wasnt

so i started the engine up an thats when it starts to drip?

cramkshaft pulley seal,is that expensive?

also the noise i thought was a wheel bearin could that be linked as i checked the wheel i thought it was its solid no movement @ all?

Seal shouldn't be that expensive, but you may also wish to replace the metal holder/surround that holds the seal against the engine block.

It's just a bit of labour, given the right tools, you can do it yourself, though.

Shouldn't have anything to do with the noise from your wheel. Which wheel is it? That wheel should move (no gear engaged, of course) when jacked up, bar the bit of resistance from the disk brakes.

Tempest

the wheel was only what someone said the noise might be might be

the sound is comin from the same side as where the oil leak is.when i jacked the car up 2day the wheel moved fine no movement to suspect a bearin,hence why i'm now think the noise an the leak are one?

Unlikely TBH.

Seals do go, as they're only rubber things that ultimately perish under the constant rotation of a shaft inside of them :-)

Tempest