Sign in to follow this  
Jay2

Corrado Car Parts still available from VW listing?

Don't know if this has been mentioned in the past or if I've missed it on the Forum, but how about a listing of parts still available from new via your local VW dealer?

Would this be too long a list still?

Or even a page where you can just add a part if you've been able to get it from your dealer?

Could help when searching on the Tinternet for parts, Ebay etc. And give you a rough bench mark of how much it's worth against a new one.

If it's already on the Forum how do I find it?

As I am now on first name terms with the guy at the parts department at my local dealer after constant enquiries. :oops:

Cheers.

I think you'll find most parts are still available from the stealers TBH, I've never had a problem getting any stuff from them, though it sometimes takes a week or 2 if they have to order it from the factory. I'm sure someone else can be more specific, but I'm sure I remember some law or other in Germany that manufacturers must continue making parts for cars for at least 10-15 years after they stop making them, so it'll only be really obscure bits that they don't do any more now.

I may be wrong though :wink:

If you want to know if parts are still available and rough pricing (mine is usually slightly out!), get yourself a copy of ETKA.

the dealers are like the devil , they can get you it but it will cost you your sol :lol: :lol: :evil:

And the prices go up and down like a bride's nightie. I'm told that there is someone permanently employed at Milton Keynes keeping an eye on the availability of after-market parts and on the demand/throughput, and adjusting VAG prices accordingly. Sometimes there are real bargains to be had, for instance when I had my exchange cylinder head the price had just dropped about £400 to "only" £750

Best wishes

RB

C wing drivers side 265 big ones from VAG , got one for 20 quid and the side repters for free S/H, its an old car i dont need a new one

VAG don't make *any* parts that are Corrado specific any more. They are running down the stock levels, because they're past their required 10 years limit. Once something runs out, that's it it's gone.

Most fundamentals are available, but there's a lot of trim that's no longer available now (mainly because VW trim appears to be absolutely rubbish).

Parts that are early-model-specific, too, will be hard to come by (concave bonnets, for example).

Been to the local VW Stealers for a few trim parts, so thought I'd pass on some of the current charges:-

Original Corrado car mat sets = £51 + vat

New Leather Gear Knob = £18.57 + vat

New Leather Hand Brake Handle = £24.62 + vat (only available from Germany, 2 week delivery wait)

New Plastic Hand Brake Handle = £4 + vat (as also used on Passats)

The prices also include Club Discount, which is about 10%.

Hope this is of some help, especially with some of the Ebay stuff thats up from sellers from Germany, when your local dealer will get it for you without any postage charges. :)

Cheers.

Hey, I never thought the leather handbrake handle would be reasonable, usually with VW, as soon as they put the word "leather" into the system, it instantly adds £200 :lol: Might have to get one on order, mine's looking pretty pants at the mo.

Good work.

Just an update.

New Gearknob and leather handbrake handle picked-up from Dealers today, took about 3 weeks to come. All sealed and packaged. :D