Sign in to follow this  
9olo

VR ENGINE FAN problem

Took the VR out for a 30min run, when i came back and turned the ignition off the engine fans came on, after bout 2 mintues i thought there was some wrong, so switched ignition lights on [to check weter temp gauge] and the fans turned off, pulled the key out and the fans come again, and so on.

i've pulled the fuse out,

any ideas??

also the accelerator pedal is very hard to press, almost like a brake pedal, this can't be normal? or is it?

VR fans can run on for upto 5 min depending on how hot the engine is after you key the ignition off.

When you switched your lights on did you switch the ignition on?

Check the route of your acc cable,if it fine then i would check the cable and replace as necessary.

when i parked up and turned the ignition off the fans came on, turn igntion on and they would go off, turn it on again and the fans come again.

only left the fans on for around 2 minutes,

is that normal for them to turn off when i turn the ignition on??

haven't check the route of the cable will have a look tomorrow.

Isn't that normal? It definately switches on when you turn the ignition off. There's 3 fans I think, 2 ignition on and one ignition off?

Accel pedal is always stiff due to the spring set up. Fit a 2.8 throttle (or better still big bore 2.8 throttle) for a softer pedal.

Yep, you'd be surprised how frayed & corroded the cable can get, even at the pedal end.

Wouldn't a 2.8 throttle be a bit backward performance wise?

changed the cable on mine as it was stiff and it now is so smooth. Pulled the old cable a bit and loads od black plastic came out. Lasted 120k so not that bad!!