Sign in to follow this  
dazzyvr6

eyebrow fitting?

how has everybody fitted there eyebrow spoilers,just got mine and it came with 4 tiny screws,surely these cant hold it on can they??

I remember reading on here that someone used them screws, and drilled their headlight cases to mount it on, they said it worked fine but you needed some courage to drill.

tbh I wouldn't do that

lens shouldn't, but if the cases are old then they become more brittle, thats why the tabs on the top of mine broke.

tbh I don't know where the mounting points on the eyebrow are, so would be difficult to come up with suggestions.

Maybe some sort of bracket connectin them, rather than mounting directly to the headlights?

btw, where did you get it from?

Is it a Reiger? I'm looking at the Venom site, with the grill included too.

How did you match the colour? touch up paint?

got mine off ebay,not sure what make it is,think ill be spraying my spoiler same coulour as the car but leaving the grill black

i'll hopefully be able to sort some more stuff (eyebrow included) for my car in the next few weeks, depends how my ABS trouble pans out, if its a sensor i'll be laughing, if not, sobbing will be called for.

I'm gonna be dubious at drilling my headlights though, as I have only bought the Drivers side one 2 weeks ago, and don't wanna fork out again if I fudge the drilling.

Thera

best job is the stuff they use for putting windcreens in -windscreen bond or something. excellent stuff. no screws required. very tidy job too!!

does it stay attached, I wouldn't have thought that would have been very permanent?

Thera

double sided tape or if u like to mess about and keep taking it off and on double sided velcro stuff is pretty handy.....

My Kamei one has about 8-10 screws i think, It may stay on with less tho as the sloping bonnet clamps it down (unlike the mk2 golf ones)

The holes are suprisingly easy to drill into the slam panel and the lenses.

Used two screws which went into the top corner of the black headlight plastic (no need to drill the lenses!) on the grill side of the lights, and velcro on the top edge on the wing side of the lights. Worked a treat with no permanently bonded bits or cracked lenses :D

HTH

velcro sounds a good idea, is there anything that stuff can't do???

Thera

I had mine glued down with windscreen bond but it still managed to fall off. Whilst I was on the outside lane of the M25. Didn't go back for it. Next one I get will be screwed in properly. I don't trust any type of bonding. None has worked for me.

I used that double sided sticky stuff that some body shops use to stick number plates on with, i got a roll of the stuff out of tesco, its made by duck its about 2.50 and this stuff sticks better than shit to a blanket :lol:

Sikaflex 221. Just don't go mad with the stuff, you don't need much. A bit along the grille, and a blob on the top corner of each headlight is enough. Then if you want it off you can cut through the stuff.

Has anyone got a fibreglass eyebrow??

I got one off E-Bay some guy selling them and it was fiberglass,it was a molded ontop of an original one so its not a good fit so i just put it in the loft :x

Thats the last thing i will buy off E-Bay :x

yeah... I got one on my C when I bought it... It's now in the bin... UGH! :pukeright: nasty...

I got one off E-Bay some guy selling them and it was fiberglass,it was a molded ontop of an original one so its not a good fit so i just put it in the loft :x

Blimey guys, I didn't have to much trouble fitting myn in the end :roll:

Blimey guys, I didn't have to much trouble fitting myn in the end :roll:

RE: CorradoVR6-n.o.s. Hi James. I sold that spoiler to you. It's not a cheap remould, there was nothing wrong with it. For all fibreglass add-ons, there is always some preparation to do prior to fitment. With a bit of care, they can look great. Sorry you were disappointed. I wasn't aware that you weren't happy with it until I read this.

Mines fibreglass,bought from vwnw i think it was 25 quid !!

just as good quality half the cost ! :)