Sign in to follow this  
W3RKD

gti international (may 10-11)

We are currently arranging our plans for this years gti international.(may 10-11 @ brentwaters) And after a conversation with andi have thought it might be good to have a joint stand with you guys on the forum? If anyone is interested there will be spaces for 10 cars per day on the stand, I think it would be good to do this as it will get the forums name out there and show off some of your cars, we would also have a section taking 3 car spaces showing of our corrado 16vg60 and some other interesting cars and some of the parts and services we offer. I would need a list of people who are interested in parking on the stand and for which day sat/sun…. any further info please contact me.(first come basis im afraid) This will be a joint pdmotorsport/corrado forum venture and should prove to be a great weekend.

p.s i feel it would also be great to put faces to all the names on here..

pdm will be having a few drinks(no alcohol :( ) so all cf members would be welcome to drop by for a chat!

You know I'm gonna be there Darren sporting your charge cooling system and a few other bits by then!! :D

Are you still up for camping should be good for a laugh I looked on the gti inters web page and it looks as though the camping facilities aren't actualy on the grounds which suprised me!!!

I'd like to go but its a bit of a trek.. not only that but my C certainly isnt a showable car.. the stone chipping on the bonnet and wings, the corroded alloys, the scraped bumper, and general ageing of the paint says so!! :(

I'd like to go but its a bit of a trek.. not only that but my C certainly isnt a showable car.. the stone chipping on the bonnet and wings, the corroded alloys, the scraped bumper, and general ageing of the paint says so!! :(

a bit of a trek :!: :o ........come on jim if i can travel 550+ miles for it surely you can drive a 100+ too :wink: :lol: ..........and i wouldn't worry too much about stonechips and corroded alloys believe me there will be just as many like that too,if anything it shows that you use/drive your car daily

seriously though jim gti-international is a "must do" 8) especially if you own a C.....also if you need any trim/mechanical parts most traders there don't charge vat on the days plus there is all the 2nd hand parts and associated stuff....not to mention a fair bit of totty :wink: :shock: :p

and you'll meet and put faces to names from both this forum and the e-group

so come on you know it makes sense :wink:

Yeah, go on Jim. Get your ass down there!! You know you want to!

I think it would be a bit too much of a trek for me. Would love to go though. Gonna try and make next years (or one a lot later this year) though.

the stand is not going to be about show stopping cars (execpt ours of course ! :lol: ) it all about showing the presance of the corrado-forum in the vee-dub world! all corrados whatever condition are welcome!! just clean them first and they will all look cool on show!

Id be interested. if u have room.

Planning on doing both days so if you have a space on one of them...

Im camping too. not had my form yet. anyone else got theirs.

Not been to inters before.

so where abouts is this place, as i live in the south?

not sure if my car would be worthy but then i used to have a beetle which i restored and never minded showing that off.

longman you are welcome to tag on with the pdm convoy up to inters if you want mate as we are on the south coast too :lol:

Yeah, never been before but my mid life crisis says I have to start now. Am also shy about my stone chips but hey its a working car, also as standard so will probably be in a minority. Haven't booked anything yet but will get on to it & probably go for the campsite too. Be good to meet some more of you guys.

I'm having a booking form and info sent to me by Wantisden Valley camp site if people are interested we should organise a group booking we might get it cheaper that way let me know if any of you are interested!!! With a few cans of beer and a group of us it would be a right laugh camping is great fun takes me back to the days of the boy scouts round the fire singing "kumbai ah me lord kumbai ahhhhh" :D

Im up for it is anyone staying in a hotel, there used to be loads of us when i had the Golf , it was a great crack, anyone up for it ?

here is a list of hotels and contacts for the ipswich area...........this was originally from james shillaw if i remember rightly he's the vwccgb regional host for the area covering bentwaters

Hotels in the area for Gti International 2003

Woodbridge, Suffolk, distance to Bentwaters approx 4 miles

The Bull Hotel

Market Hill

Woodbridge Suffolk

IP12 4LR Tel: 01394 382089

The Crown Hotel

2, The Thoroughfare

Woodbridge Suffolk

IP12 1AD Tel: 01394 384242

The Station Hotel & Cafe

Station Rd

Woodbridge Suffolk

IP12 4AU Tel: 01394 384831

Ipswich, Suffolk, distance to Bentwaters approx 14 miles

The Holiday Inn

London Rd

Ipswich Suffolk

IP2 0UA Tel: 0870 4009045

Express by Holiday Inn at Ipswich

Old Hadleigh Rd Sproughton

Ipswich Suffolk

IP8 3AR Tel: 01473 222279

Novotel Ipswich

Greyfriars Rd

Ipswich Suffolk

IP1 1UP Tel: 01473 232400

Travel Inn

Paper Mill Lane Claydon

Ipswich Suffolk

IP6 0BE Tel: 0870 2383311

The Courtyard by Marriott

The Havens, Ransomes Europark

Ipswich Suffolk

IP3 9SJ Tel: 01473 272244

There are more hotels at the Ipswich Tourist Information web page at:

Home page: http://www.ipswich.gov.uk

Hotel page: http://www.ipswich.gov.uk/tourism/accom/default.htm

Or at The AA web Site at: http://www.theaa.co.uk and look at Travel and Leisure and search in Hotels and B&Bs.

hth

I'm up for a weekend of beer, cars and camping :rocol: . Will be driving up from central London ne1 going from near there and want to make a mini convoy?

Camping = more fun

Hotel = for cowards (I survived Glastonbury)

hotel is a tad boring. JAE at billing is a good camping one too. believe that edition38 had one there too last yr

glasto is no hardship just dont take the C. roll on appeal need to go to worthy again

I will get to a gti-international but I can't go this year cos i'm gettin hooked on May 10.

Bad timming or what? :)

Banana man. yep in to in camp :shock: so count me in for the waggon train (I emailed for gen as well & they are sending out tomorrow). I'll look out me shorts and woggle.....

When u doin santa pod next - busy this w/e but contemplating the 23rd & running one this time

:salute:

Yeah,

I fancy coming along to the event this year...

It'd be my first visit. Not sure about the camping though. I'll have to organise a hotel.

8)

C6 SVR wrote

Not sure about the camping though. I'll have to organise a hotel.

RU a girlie or just a big girl's blouse?

we will be staying in a hotel call us wossies but wouldn't you if u were in the hotel as all the golf magazine models :lol:

we will be staying in a hotel call us wossies but wouldn't you if u were in the hotel as all the golf magazine models

Lucky bastid!!! which hotel is it I might have to book a room next to them!!! :D