Sign in to follow this  
rixy

VR6 Rebuild Parts Prices?

hi there, am currently havin my engine and another one of my spare vr engines rebuilt. Was wondering if anyone had a price list for the parts needed to do a full bottom end and head rebuild on my VR engines.

All parts are needed from shells, bearings, all throungh to chains, tensioners, and head bolts etc including all gaskets etc.

Any info would be awesome, and if anyone knows the best place to get bits from, let me know, Cheers

Can't help you with the bottom end stuff I'm afraid but I did a top end rebuild on my VR last year and these are prices and where I got stuff from. I'm not saying they're the best prices as I didn't shop around too much. For Gilders read VAG dealer.

Looking at about £600 for pistons and rings, £180 for bearing shells (don't forget the int shaft one), £200 ish for all the chain gear and boring depends on where you take it, but budget £150ish.

So you're over a grand straight away! It's not cheap building VRs, so don't believe a word of these exchange engines for £999 in the back of Exchange and Mart.

yeah, dont worry, im havin mine done properly. Just got a price for having 2 heads skimmed, new valve guides inserted, and re seat all valves in both, and a re bore on 2 blocks, totalled 700.00? Does this sound ok?

Where is the best place to get the shells etc from? VAG dealer, or other?