Sign in to follow this  
craziscot

Fidanza Flywheel

Seen a Fidanza Flywheel for sale, part number 187481, the question I have is the the complete item or will I require other items to have it fitted?

Tell me more.

I'd like to make the VR6 more "blippable" as there is quite a lot of flywheel effect. I mentioned a lightened flywheel to Vince at Stealth but he didn't seem to enthusiastic about them.

So could you tell me about the advantages and disadvantages?

Don't expect your VR to rev like a bike,it will be more responsive and it wont stall as so many say,It will make it more "Blippable" .

Overall its a good mod,shedding weight off the crank to a certain degree is a good thing.

Don't expect your VR to rev like a bike

No, of course not. But my TVR's allegedly lazy old Rover V8 blips like a race car which is perfect for heel and toe and is just so responsive. Obviously I'm not expecting even that out of the VR6 engine but it is a bit sluggish for the revs to rise and fall and I was hoping that a lightened flywheel might address this without too many downsides.

I've heard some people say that it ruins the character of the engine and makes it lumpy and recalcitrant at idle. Would you agree with that?

Sounds good. I think I may as well make the bill Vince is going to give me even more eye-watering. :)

So part# 187481 is definitely the part I need to order for the VR6? Should I buy direct from http://www.fidanza.com or is it better to get it from a reseller?