Sign in to follow this  
timmyhol

Idle Problems

Hi,

I hope someone’s out there as I have to get to work!! I changed the gearbox oil at the weekend and the car ran fine on the journey home from my parents place. I got up this morning late for work and the car has got a problem. The idle won't stabilize at the bottom end!!!! the rev counter just bounces up and down by about 250rpm between 1250 and 1500rpm. I drove the car round the block and it goes but as soon as you slow down too much it wants to stall. I was wondering if the speed sensor I removed to change the oil has anything to do with it? The coil pack was only changed recently so I don’t think it’s that?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Tim

Hi,

Its a 1995 VR6, I've had to take it to the garage as I couldn't find any loose pipes and it still had the problem after I cleaned the sensor I'd removed to do the gearbox oil......I hope its not expensive. On the plus side the gear change is alot better!!

The sensor on the gearbox is only to read road speed, it should affect the engine's ability to idle. But hopefully the garage will plug in the computer and tell you what's wrong..