Sign in to follow this  
aposegil

Well finaly sold the RX7 so means VW content inside ;)

Yep after a year of the RX7 and man times seeing my life flash infront of my eyes (its a leathal car) the car finally went last week. Hopefully new owner should be very happy with it as I was.

And with money burning in my pocket I couldnt help to see a certain car I spotted for sale.

and within few hours this bad boy was mine

DSC00149.jpg

Sorry Stan I know you was looking at it (saw on your thread) but I feel in love with it striaght away and its flipping fast smooth and just lush.

Ive got plans for it already but I will be back at shows this year seeing old faces etc ;)

p.s sorry its not a corrado lol

for those didnt see it for sale it's:

2.8 30v syncro with PES kit about 300bhp ;)

Fully loaded

Slamed with RH wheels

and some ugly exhaust system :( which soon to be gone

I have never been a Passat fan but after seeing that one i would seriously consider getting one in the future :shock:

Good buy mate, hope you enjoy it!

herisites - I never looked at passat's to be honest but this one was to nice to say no to :)

G60SC_Stoney i was put off by milage but the original owner spent a fortuen on it and it was all rebuilt 60K ago and it doesnt look mroe or drive more than 60K old car and everyone that seen it has agreed

and teh history it came with and work done it was hard to say no plus this is quieter and smoother than my corrado ever was!!!

supercharger sounds well cool like a AMG (if uve ever heard a C32 but not as deep as a E55) but nice whinning sound and Ill def get pics up soon

can stop driving it lol

i know how you feel!! i cant stop driving my s/c VR6. the sound is just soooo nice, and it just pulls and pulls. did 140 yesterday (private road of course) and didnt even realise, power on it is just amazing!

one thing im curious about is why its got 30valves whereas golf/bora etc came with 24 didnt they ?

cos it uses the Audi V6 5 valve per cylinder lump

why did they do that ? why didnt they use a 24v one ? just seems a bit odd they would only do it for a passat?

cos it uses the Audi V6 5 valve per cylinder lump

why did they do that ? why didnt they use a 24v one ? just seems a bit odd they would only do it for a passat?

cos Passat's have their engines fitted Longitudially(north/south) as opposed to transverse in the golf/bora's

« G60SC_Stoney » wrote:Quote:cos it uses the Audi V6 5 valve per cylinder lump

cos Passat's have their engines fitted Longitudially(north/south) as opposed to transverse in the golf/bora's

i suppose that is because they have more space under the bonnet then ?

**sorry its a bit off topic just interested in the science behind it!

found a pic of the enigne bay

90028-4.jpg

also Bally yep it was me :D and ur right exhaust going A.S.A.P!!!!!!

ull see im already soriting out alll the mod's ive planed for it ;)

i take it the supercharger is that massive great thing on the top?? if it was any bigger you'd need to cut a hole in the bonnet Mad Max style!! :lol:

so i see the engine is a 'proper' V6 then not much like the old VR6s then. looks smart...could get the charger and a few other bits polished up/chomed etc would look really cool!!

yep it is lol

yep its very similar to drag racing setup not not exactly lol ;)

also yep is it a proper v6 which is more what i wanted very torque and drive round nciely sitting about 1000 rpm no complaints at all

also keep everything under engine bay black and clean ;) that wont be shown off to much

its a twin exit one if i remember correctly?? comes out each side of the rear bumper audi RS6 style. a nice side exit exhaust would look good, go well with the Mad Max bonnet scoop!!

i think a TDI hidden style will be made up :D I want to keep it as much of a sleeper as possible :D

Yeah thats not exactly subtle :lol: Good idea, like g-man has done to his.

As far as im awear g-man only colour coded bottom of his car and i think its the jap number plate remover maybe more havent really looked.

there is no performance mod's on his just suspension and wheels rest is standard.

perosnaly I cant myself going all colour coded I think the way it is now is perfect as bottom of mirrors are black, so bottom of car should be black IMO

found a pic of the enigne bay

90028-4.jpg

also Bally yep it was me :D and ur right exhaust going A.S.A.P!!!!!!

ull see im already soriting out alll the mod's ive planed for it ;)

cool... I agree leave the black trim, breaks it up... 8)

Hi Alex,

So I guess we'll really have to set about helping George to sell RAN now that you've fallen for a younger model eh, LOL.

Good to see you back mate, and pleased that you didn't kill yourself in the RX7... mind you it's probably hard to roll a car at kerb-crawling† speeds eh, ha ha ha.

I was talking to PD Enterprises a few weeks ago & your name came up, we were talking about maybe paying you a visit, but now you have the most reliable car out of all of us you can bloody well drive to Bournemouth for a night out.

Cheers,

John

† (n.b. Although this appears to be a bit of lively libel, the guys on the Seat Cupra forum swore to me that it was Alex who used to "patrol" the McDonalds car park in Brentwood on Friday nights!!)

I'll come aswell John... you buying the beer? ;-)

Alex nice purchase chap! Heard the good news about your old C? George is going to finish it! :)

Anyway back to topic :)