Sign in to follow this  
Riley

Speed bumps :mad:

Im sure there must be some kind of maximum height, just like the 10mm allownace on footpaths, although having seen all these humps and much worse - like those brick edged ones - I cant see that there is. You got to remember its some navvy in the street slapping it down too.

Im standard height now and still scrape my way into the works carpark; and when I was slammed, it was impossible to get into the NCP across the way.

There was an article in the paper yesterday about a town in Holland which has taken away all the nonsense associated with town driving-and how it's benefited the area..

or was that yester-YEAR? they've had great records for years and was discussed at length in this country in different circles;;; and I'd say that safety comes first -- mostly in the bad junction high speed roads. Maybe we dont have too many lights here in Warwickshire. Roundabouts - mostly good fun, mostly helpful; the bigger ones that allow greater speed need lights at rush-hour.

Im sure there must be some kind of maximum height, just like the 10mm allownace on footpaths, although having seen all these humps and much worse - like those brick edged ones - I cant see that there is. You got to remember its some navvy in the street slapping it down too.

I dont think there are height restrictions and it doesnt seem as if there is much of a height restriction on some curbs nowadays as they are well high on some new housing estates round my way and you wanna see the size of the speed bumps :shock: i went to pick a bird up one night and i had to ring her and tell her to walk out the estate as i couldnt even get in and that was before my coilovers when it was lowered just 40mm, i got out to see how high they were and if i had took my chin spoiler completely off i still would caught my bumper i reckon :shock: i hate the bastards :mad:

i went to pick a bird up one night

... random bird, one of many

... Big Bird

... joke overload :lol:

I know what you mean about new estates. Im shocked if there isn't a maximum height. I had a 4x4 nearly turbo-boost over the top of me the other day, as she came up behind (oh dear) so fast, not realising that my poor C was wincing its way over them. ...oO(speed humps, what speed humps, I wouldn't know whilst applying my makeup in my 4x4). I hate those hump types but hate the mini bubble ones worse; Im sure they naff up your tracking etc, even at a reasonable speed of say 20. One has developed such a groove from the traffic, that one side of it is like a sheer cliff face and I'd be *uggered if I was to drive over it at an angle in the ice, or worse still on the bike.