Sign in to follow this  
quicky1980

16v to vr6

Ok, started gathering parts needed for my vr transplant, just wondered if my fk ak coilovers which are designed for the 2.0 16v would be ok with the vr6, i know the vr is heavier but if i higher the coilovers up a little will they be ok?

also do i have to change the suspensions top mounts too?

The 16V AKs won't have damper valving suited to a heavy VR engine bobbing up and down. They might work though, as a temporary measure but I would change them at your earliest oppurtunity for some VR6 specific ones.

i have the AK's on my vr6, they were great for the first 6/9 months, but they have become very crashy/soft?? put it this way mate, they will be coming off as soon as i get some decent koni/spax suspension.

karl

you could be ok Si, mine does weigh more than yours, as i have a charger bolted onto the side :lol:

karl

You'll need new springs & dampers. The VR6 lump is considerably heavier than the 16v. You'll also need a new steering rack BTW.

Quite frankly with prices where they are, and the work involved in what you're contemplating, you'd be better off just trading for a VR6.

new rack? really why?

well would consider that option of trading my rado but spent too much time and money on mine to sell now, doing vr for now untill i can get my hands on r36