Sign in to follow this  
Hass

FSI Engine

Hello People!,

Ive got a 2.0l 16v Corrado at the mo that has finally given up on me after a proud 178k. Was considering putting another straight forward engine in it but being a petrol head im looking for more power and you cant really do much with the 9A engine ( So ive been told! ) Seen someone selling a FSI Golf GT Engine, Seems to make no sense though if this engine would be ok for the corrado. Need some Help please with info on any recomendations to this possible conversion or another style engine that will take me over the 200bhp mark with as little to spend as possible!

Thanks! :D

FSI is possible, but I'd imagine you'd need the full car wiring loom, clocks, key etc etc. The 9A has plenty of potential if you are willing to throw some money at it. Turbo? 300-400 bhp!

I'd have thought for availability, cost and power potential the 1.8T (in one form or another) would be your best bet, even the 150hp versions are good for 185bhp with just a re-chip.

think there is one on e-bay with 9k for about 500nicker could be worth checkin it out as there is a littlebit on turbo/superchargers , not sure how to do a link though sorry.

wes

You need the whole car.....to strip for bits and see where stuff goes...

or the engine, loom, clocks, keys, ecu, fuel tank, fuel lines, pumps.....

The one thats in the orange mk2 uses everything from an fsi car....

Hi, that'd be my engine then - clicky

I was planning to use this in my Corrado and did alot of research on it.

I don't see any problems if you source the rest of the electrics from an FSI with a front end smash for peanuts. The high pressure fuel circuit is included (cam driven pump and demand valve) - but there are plenty of options...

My circumstances have changed (new job, don't need car at all) so I'm getting rid of this kit (gearbox already gone) to fund something far more irresponsible :twisted:

EDIT - for info, Golf GT is 150bhp non turbo, not the TFSI

The FSI in the orange car just ran the motor. Its still on the Digi 1 engine management. In the pic you can still see the dizzy on the motor.

P8070014.jpg

The whole point of the "FSI" is the engine management and fuel delivery system.

sorry, I'm going a bit off topic but - Wow - I've not seen it with the engine cover off, I'm amazed that PVW felt the need to omit that it wasn't running FSI at all :roll:, the way they totally ignore the technical aspect of features really winds me up

Thanks for the Tips on getting the most out of the 2.0l 9A engine seems a better option, Having a Conversion is putting doubts and just thinking of keeping it all original now1, Will look into these options as i would be happy to get 200bhp or around that would make me smile. Dont want to sell my car that i have spent many Birthdays worth of money in restoring it! Thanks people! More useful tips in cheap but good options to boost my 9A engine would be very welcomed! :D

Thanks for the Tips on getting the most out of the 2.0l 9A engine seems a better option, Having a Conversion is putting doubts and just thinking of keeping it all original now1, Will look into these options as i would be happy to get 200bhp or around that would make me smile. Dont want to sell my car that i have spent many Birthdays worth of money in restoring it! Thanks people! More useful tips in cheap but good options to boost my 9A engine would be very welcomed! :D

TURBO! you can pick up K24/26s for nothing from ebay.

Hi, guys!

I did it. I did a engine swap to 2.0 TFSI with all the things needed to run.

Not like the orange one, this one runs digifant.... :roll:

Here you can see some impressions of my rebuild mk2.

The engine still runs Until now i dont make a test-drive.

My project will finished this spring and i want to visit wörthersee 2007.

http://www.a6-page.de/html/der_anfang____.html

greetings from germany

mario

Yeah... that's funny!

This pic shows the jetta5 wiring i dont need to run... :?

i removed every single wire and put it aside to make those pic :D