Sign in to follow this  
latestarter2

cd player depth?

strange one this one...ive recently changed cd players for a Sony1gb head unit. the trouble is I cant get the unit to sit flush in the dash board housing it keeps easing out (about 3 to 5mm).Its seems to catching a metal bar at the back which is presume was the mounting point for the orginal cassette player?

Any suggesteions?

ta

I've got the same problem with my Pioneer jobby.

I did try cutting it off with a hand saw, but it's steel and was taking an eternity.

If you've got some suitably long and curved pliers, you can probably bend it out of the way.

I had this problem too, solved it by just pushing the bugger until it wedged in! Maybe you could get a hammer and some long thing and persuade the metal bar until the headunit fits?

I've got the same problem with my Pioneer jobby.

Me 2 - havent got round to sorting it yet >> post it if you find a good solution latestarter2

I had this problem too, solved it by just pushing the bugger until it wedged in! Maybe you could get a hammer and some long thing and persuade the metal bar until the headunit fits?

That was my techinque for my Pioneer....bit of wood + club hammer. Do be careful though! :)

I think the problem is that the wiring loom comes out of the back of the headunit and snarls up / bunches up against that metal plate. I think that all head units are meant to be a standard size and should fit around that - certainly my Pioneer P7400, the predecessor to Doms old HU, fitted in fine but I did have to take care to make sure cables did not get in the way of that metal bar...

If it helps I think you can take the under trays off both sides and reach up the back to twiddle with cabling to get a good fit...

It's the RCAs sticking out the back that are causing issues with mine.

I think I'll just bin the head unit and stick a PC in the car instead :lol:

Take off the passenger kickpanel and fiddle about with the wires from there, once they're pulled aside it'll be a bit easier?

well for now ive forced the thing in and bent the as many holding pins up that i could to hold the bloody thing in!!

It got to point that the rear passengers could reach it and use the head unit !!! lol