Sign in to follow this  
C. Will Corrado G60 2

C. Will's Corrado - NEW PHOTOS

_leon_,

In answer to your questions you need to change the front cross member for the front engine mount. The rear ones are the same.

The engine fits in easily there's loads of room at the back for a turbo etc but it is tight at the front. Not sure if you'll get away with the early bonnet if you use the standard inlet manifold.

My insurance has gone up by about £150, which isn't bad for a car that's got an extra 100+ BHP.

The engine came with down pipe and engine loom. I don't know too much about the interior loom changes as I switch the whole dash from grey to black at the same time

I too loved my G60 but the finesse had gone completely as it was tuned to the max! I wanted a smooth power delivery and I knew the VR6 was a great engine to do that. The VR6 is a lazy engine but supercharged it's fantastic and then theres the sound! :shock:

I hate seeing all these threads on supercharged/turbo'd vr's because i want to do mine!!! :lol: Your car looks awesome and those are some good results. I though would get more from stage 3 myself but still you cant moan about 296bhp!!! Im just going to stage 2 mine, im sure that will be quick enough :lol:

No matter what the size of the cooler and pipework you will loose upto 4psi.

It sucks I know,been there done that.

The problem with smaller pulleys are belt slip and the size of that pulley had oversped my charger by 1000-2000 rpm and the air became unstable and inefficient.

The VF's are not big enough to get 350bhp without it being on its limits and you need zero boost drop.

herisites, To be honest stage 2 will give you similar figures it's just your temperatures you'll need to manage. Water injection is a good way to go.

One other thing is the noise, it's bloody noise at idle. You should hear one first cos it could drive you nuts. I'm not too bother as I don't use my car that much.

herisites, To be honest stage 2 will give you similar figures it's just your temperatures you'll need to manage. Water injection is a good way to go.

One other thing is the noise, it's bloody noise at idle. You should hear one first cos it could drive you nuts. I'm not too bother as I don't use my car that much.

Yeah i drove Karl's (KADVR6) stage 2 vr at the stealth rolling road day and it was awesome, he's got similar figures to you. The sound was superb i cant see myself getting bored of it somehow :lol:

CorradoVR6-n.o.s,

I have heard that the VF chargers are good for 20psi, how on earth do you get that? Do you know of anyone who has got 350BHP from a VF charger?

I'm not unhappy but for the set-up I would have liked more. I can see why you went turbo. Has anyone put both on before?

Pretty good for 9psi!. Torque a little low though..... was the IC getting enough air to it?

The linear delivery is mostly down to the Schimmel intake. The stock intake shows a torque swell lower down, but the SRI gives an almost 45 degree line 8)

Agree with James on the losses.

The best way to take these chargers forward is with the Schimmel Chargecooler (or similar) as it has 0.25psi pressure drop. Stage 3 pulley (12psi) would then give you your 11.5 (or 12 at 7000rpm) at the throttle and 320hp with approx 290-300 torque.

cheesewire, The FMIC is mounted very low and only has air coming in from the lower grille. This will be restricting the air to the intercooler but I don't want to cut any holes in the bumper.

What do you mean by SRI?

I have looked at the chargecooler but it is VERY expensive. One for the future maybe.

I also think my exhaust needs changing as it's the original G60 set-up, that might give me a few more horses. Is there anything else I should be look into?

CorradoVR6-n.o.s,

I have heard that the VF chargers are good for 20psi, how on earth do you get that? Do you know of anyone who has got 350BHP from a VF charger?

I'm not unhappy but for the set-up I would have liked more. I can see why you went turbo. Has anyone put both on before?

The old Vortec Units V1 are good for 20psi But the VF2 is not.

I removed my intercooler and had a pipe from the charger to inlet manifold with that 45mm pulley I have which has oversped the charger(calculation sheet on Vortec site) and managed 16psi...thats all.

Even if you got that pressure you would have to go chargecooler or intercooler and you would loose PSI there.

Yes that is the reason for going turbo plus as you said the idle speed noise!

CorradoVR6-n.o.s, Seems crazy to remove the FMIC after all the work of getting in there. At least Vince said it would be reliable with the FMIC.

The noise they make is a little loud but I'm not too bother......at the moment.

It'll be VERY interesting to see what you turbo guys get when your done. I'll be watching.

Here's a question for everyone. Has there been any examples of twin charging. I know VW are doing it with some of their smaller engines to increase torque and BHP.

SRI = Short Runner Intake.

Chargecooler is expensive for sure but it's the best. With the dollar still weak, works out at just over a grand imported. Or £847 if you can find a US parcel forwarding address.

You might be able to get something made up in the UK to match it, but the parts that make Bill's kit so effective are only available from the states.

Exhaust won't really affect matters until you're running big boost. I got 290hp with 260 torque with 8psi and the standard VAG exhaust, OBD2 and no intercooling. I should have left it that, but tried 12psi with the Schimmel log, made 317hp but torque only rose to 270lb/ft, so I gave up and went turbo instead and the torque curve is now like table mountain.

Yea it took me ages to fit the FMIC and I was not prepared to take it off !

SRI Short runner intake

The old V1 are higher geared internally and are known to displace allot more air than the V2.

Here's a question for everyone. Has there been any examples of twin charging. I know VW are doing it with some of their smaller engines to increase torque and BHP.

I wouldn't bother on the VR6. It has masses of exhaust flow and spins up turbos VERY quickly. My GT30 is spooling at 2000rpm and is giving full boost from 3000 to 7000rpm. It has a massive power and torque spread compared to a charger.

I would sooner go twin turbo. One small one for each bank of 3, or 1 small one for low rpm and a bigger one for top end feeding all 6.

I wouldn't bother on the VR6. It has masses of exhaust flow and spins up turbos VERY quickly. My GT30 is spooling at 2000rpm and is giving full boost from 3000 to 7000rpm. It has a massive power and torque spread compared to a charger.

I would sooner go twin turbo. One small one for each bank of 3, or 1 small one for low rpm and a bigger one for top end feeding all 6.

Now that would be awesome!! What sort of power would that give the vr? I suppose it not so much about the power itself though more about how consistent it will be etc wont it?

Without wanting to clog up Will's thread with too much turbo torque, you can get anywhere from 500 to 1000hp depending on turbo sizes and engine spec ;-)

cheesewire, Ok, so it sound like 300ish is a good figure for what I have now. Trying to get more out of it sounds like it's not going to be worth the money as turboing will give me a lot more.

I'd love to have a ride in your car one day to see the difference?

I'll enjoy it for now and as I have a schimmel log it's perfect for turbo conversion at some point.

i told u from the beginning to go turbo ;)

im even having thoughts about the passat now thats its going to be pushing 9-10 psi lol