Sign in to follow this  
CazzaVR

Quick CPS question...

Unplugged the cps the other day when I was changing the water pump. Will this mean the car is now in limp mode, even though I plugged it back in? Car's not too nice to drive!

If so, how can I reset the ecu? Can I simply unplug the loom near the aux water pump?

Cheers!

I wouldn't have thought so Andy...........afterall when you replace the CPS you just plug it in and off you go,no other procedure etc

With the power off, no!

I would unplug the ECU plug rather than the multipin plug on the engine block as that doesn't actually disconnect it from the power supply, it just disconnects the engine sensors and sensor grounds / injectors etc.

I can't see that unplugging the CPS would cause any problem but then I did unplug the engine multiplug Saturday just to get a bit more access and aftewards the engine was running rough. I went through the ECU reset proceedure in the Knowledge Base and it's all OK again, in fact as soon as the battery had been disconnected at the start of the reset it was fine again.

What about the TPS? Forgot to plug this back in after cleaning the TB, and ran the car a couple of times before realising.