Bups

Modified Corrado VR or a Corrado VR in standard form??

As above which would be worth more?? Car is on L Reg has done 145,000 miles, with full history to back it up, in metallic Blue which i might sell soon ..

Mods would include de-badged the front/rear, delocked & colour coded handles, Refurbed Avo Coilovers with new springs, Alloys, Drilled Rear Disks/Grooved Front Disks, Airfilter, Stainless Exhaust and or should i keep all the badges put it back to standard height, standard wheels etc??

Engine/Gearbox the car is perfect and still very strong & reliable, i have replaced the ignition barrell switch which is a common fault with these, the only thing wrong with the car is the sunroof doesnt work properly which i will will try to get sorted and the heater only works on speed 3 & 4 which i did try to fix it but didnt work.. All other elecs work fine..

So my question is which would be worth more & how much?

I would have thought an un modified car would be more desirable. The problem with mods is they are normally personal. I would have thought people would like un modified car and if they want to mod it they can otherwise they might want to leave it standard.

When i brought my G60 the only thing modified was the vw badges, black instead of chrome. I liked it this way because i could do the mods myself.

BUT...........

Its all swings and roundabouts. I would have though if you are selling the car to an enthusiast or somone more into car than your average person then they might see the mods as 1) somone who took pride in their car and spent money on it and 2) that will save me some moeny in the long run.

So you might get more for a standard or you might not, at the end of the day its how much someone will pay for a car on a certian day.

Beavisjem

Depends how long you are willing to wait, what you think its worth when comparing to similar cars available at the moment etc.

You will always get more if you return to standard but then you have the hassle of doing that!

I would have thought an un modified car would be more desirable. The problem with mods is they are normally personal. I would have thought people would like un modified car and if they want to mod it they can otherwise they might want to leave it standard.

When i brought my G60 the only thing modified was the vw badges, black instead of chrome. I liked it this way because i could do the mods myself.

BUT...........

Its all swings and roundabouts. I would have though if you are selling the car to an enthusiast or somone more into car than your average person then they might see the mods as 1) somone who took pride in their car and spent money on it and 2) that will save me some moeny in the long run.

So you might get more for a standard or you might not, at the end of the day its how much someone will pay for a car on a certian day.

Beavisjem

This is true, think il leave it lightly modified and see what sort of response i get, im in no rush to sell as i use it everyday, love the sound it makes!

Depends how long you are willing to wait, what you think its worth when comparing to similar cars available at the moment etc.

You will always get more if you return to standard but then you have the hassle of doing that!

I cant really to change all the parts back to standard because some of the mods were done by previous owner.. See how it looks when ive finished with it..:)

Cheers for the advice guys :)

if you do leave it as is and you have a spare rear vr6 badge could i take it off your hands?!

cheers

john

if you do leave it as is and you have a spare rear vr6 badge could i take it off your hands?!

cheers

john

:lol: Yea no worries mate, its in red though..

i always prefer to buy a standard car, dunno why but "modded" puts me off, even tho 90% of modifyers probably care more about their car than normal folk who just think of it as "just a car"

but i also seem to think that modded means raced too

just me being odd i guess

it all depends on the buyer nowadays, i find that most cars over 10yrs are only worth what someone will pay, sure parkers etc give you a guide but you could go without selling a car for a year just because the buyer isn't there

ah, no good then, need a silver one.. cheers anyway!

they on ebay all the time, brand new, hardly any money.

i had a spare silver one, but i've sanded it back to plastic now

I wouldn't change the suspension or exhaust - describe them as being 'uprated' rather than 'modded'

Other than that I reckon it would be worth putting back to standard, as in the front grill , wheels , the consmetic things like that.

I've recently made the decision to leave mine standard, after buying some rims and shocks/spings. I've decided that i cant afford to mod it to the standard i would like, and i'd also like to own a standard car for a change. So instead of spending my money on modding it im going to spend it on keeping it as mint standard as possible, soliving all the lil problems, like loose fitting trim, sunroof not sliding, sealant around the sunroof etc.

The idea being that when i come to sell it in 4/5 yrs it'll hopefully be one of the most standard mint examples around

i always prefer to buy a standard car, dunno why but "modded" puts me off, even tho 90% of modifyers probably care more about their car than normal folk who just think of it as "just a car"

but i also seem to think that modded means raced too

just me being odd i guess

it all depends on the buyer nowadays, i find that most cars over 10yrs are only worth what someone will pay, sure parkers etc give you a guide but you could go without selling a car for a year just because the buyer isn't there

I'm the same mate, besides its always nice to start with a blank canvas.

I've recently made the decision to leave mine standard, after buying some rims and shocks/spings. I've decided that i cant afford to mod it to the standard i would like, and i'd also like to own a standard car for a change. So instead of spending my money on modding it im going to spend it on keeping it as mint standard as possible, soliving all the lil problems, like loose fitting trim, sunroof not sliding, sealant around the sunroof etc.

The idea being that when i come to sell it in 4/5 yrs it'll hopefully be one of the most standard mint examples around

I like your thinking 8)

When i was looking to buy my corrado, i would have been prepared to pay a little bit more for a car with subtle mods such as stainless exhaust, lights, air filter etc but i ended up with a completly standard car for a cheap price. i think it all comes down to the buyers personal preference to what they're after when parting with they're cash!

I still can't decide though whether to keep standard or modify. But i think the bug is going to hit me!