Sign in to follow this  
_leon_

Borbet B center caps

You can buy those wheels new so I would have though a Borbet dealer would be able to get them.

Failing that German ebay, save the nearest search you can and it will e mail each day something comes in.

i was led to believe they are not sold new. just old stock.

will try the german ebay - usually just wheels that come up though rather than center caps unfortunately

Hi mate, iv got some hexagenal centers if you want to swap for your smooth ones, ill also throw in some brand new never fitted borbet center badges i have recently brought for them, reason is i have the borbet a's and wanted the smooth center, let me know mate, regards, Andrew

actually looked - i have the hex ones too - just not the ones with the diamond cut outs so a swap wouldn't have worked anyway - sorry mate

Leon, have a look at the 1st add in this months PVW, there is a Borbet dealer that has B's on its advert, they might have the centres you want.

i've tried them a good few times already - i've not yet managed to speak to someone on the phone. so wrote them off as a joke outfit. how they can pay for full page ad's then not answer their phone is beyond me seriously.

thanks though - eventually i'll find some

i need to get some flat centers for me borbet A's,let us know if u see any cheap ones on your conquest for the B centers :D

Hi g60 greeny, i want some two! and it seems we are not alone. There are a set of 4 on ebay, brand new but they want £69 for em, which i think is a bit steep. I have looked arround all the other obvious places, only thing i aint done yet is rang round the borbet dealers and asked, but i assume they will want similar sort of money for them. If i aint found any by the weekend im going to go round my dads and ask him to do me a favour. Hes a precision engineer (makes nuclear sub components) so im sure he will be able to handle it with pleanty of pictures, measurements from my current hexagonal centers and some strict instructions. Ill run it past him at the weekend and see what he says, just to get an idea, would anyone else be interested in a set? Ill also take him a picture of yours leon and see what he says about putting the diamonds in, what do you all think?

Andyrado g60, that sounds a good plan mate 8) keep me updated cause i aint payin the 70quid there goin for on ebay :lol:

Just spoken to dad and gave him a hexagonal cap and a few pics of flat ones, he had a good look at it, i told him what we want. He started talkin some engineering industry jargon and it looks good. He'll be using manual milling machines and making each cap by hand from a pice of 11mm thick alloy, that will be taken back to the 4mm thickness appart from the part where the bolt sits, which will also be hand machined to get them perfect, all exactly the same size, ect ect. Just need to think about prices for materials, ect. Going to get a price for the alloy sheets tomorrow (he dont use alloy at his place) so i can decide if its feasable, how much are we willing to pay for them so i can start pricing it all up? Bare in mind they are all being hand made to the best quality, ect ect. They are going to be good cos they are going on my wheels. Leon - (dont worry iv not left you out mate) my dad is going to have a word with the cnc expert at his place tomorrow to see if we can sort you out with your "posh diamons shapes in" ones. So lets have a think about a price guys

sounds promising. as long as the alloy disks do not bend as the sheets wont be very thick. price wise - have you estimates? i wouldn't pay above what the originals cost - but would really some kind of guesstimate from yourself!

plus i could actually send my originals to get the diamonds cut in them. i'd prefer to do that really.

The sheets will be 11 mm thick (that size so my dad can create the depth of the bit where the lock sits in, all the rest of it will be milled back to the same depth as the origenal, basically a hand machined exact copy of the origenal, the origenals are moulded) they will be at least as strong as the origenals, and no where near £69.00 otherwise there would be no point in me and my dad doing it for the benifit of borbet owners. Yeah thats cool leon if you want to do that, have you got a quote for that to be done (out of interest) Ok ill get a price for the alloy today and the best (most cost effective) amount to buy, probably have to buy enough to make like 5 sets to get the buy in bulk discount, then thats more saving's that i can pass on. I will obviously aim to get them as cheep as possible, off the top of my head without knowing what price i can get the alloy for (thats the job for later) id say £45 a set is quite possible, maybe less. Watch this space

i don't have a quote no - but if you are able to give me a rough idea of price then i'm sure that'd be fine. cheers andy

**borbet center cap update** The cheepest i can get the alloy for works out at approx £6.50 per cap (this is because i will have to buy them 12mm thick so dad can machine the recess depth into them for the bolt to sit and thats a lot of alloy) i am looking into buying 1 large piece of alloy, in a cilinder shape so then my dad can cut it into 12mm segments (like chopping a carrot) but with that i will get alot of material loss (the filings that end up one the floor off the saw blade) so im looking into that to see which option is better / cheeper for us, watch this space.

Leon, dads spoke to the cnc manager at his place, the cnc machines are running 24 hours a day, they have 3 machines and each one has about a 2 month back log of work for it, and to do the design on the alloy that you want it would take a long time to do as the design would have to be programed into the computer from scratch and cut 4 times so unfortunatly i dont think it will be possible to do yours mate, really sorry but you are probably better off buying them from borbet. Really sorry i couldnt help you out Leon, Andy

no probs - need bigger brakes in the future anyway so i may not have these wheels in a years time. thanks for trying though andy - appreciate the help :) good luck getting the others sorted!