Sign in to follow this  
boy bernard

Arch modding

Whats involved as the new wheels stick out a bit further than expected.

IMG_0727.jpg

IMG_0734.jpg

The front arches don't look to bad (although I'll have to mod the arch liner a bit) but the rears are double skinned so not sure how to do it, pics would help as well.

Cheers

B

i dont think you will be able to stretch it that far without changing the natural curvature of the wing (see photo). if you want to cover the wheel then you would have to pull it out from top. what offset are these and size, also are you running adapters as well

No adapters, 9x16 mattigs with an ET of 36 stated in the ad I got them from and printed on the rim. Think they're probably -36 tbh.

IMG_0732.jpg

It'd be boring if it was easy though eh

Too wide if you ask me.

Even if you stretch the arch, I still can't see it being stretched enough to stop the wheels sticking out and looking silly.

But I'm more of an OEM+ kinda guy. Good luck to you if you're going to stick with 'em.

WOAHHHHHH thats mental... would like to see how you get them to work. think you would need to have some metal welded on to tuck them in and a bigger stretch on the rubber and maybe some neg camber and a good dose of good luck

How much of the tyre has to be covered legally?

Bit annoyed as they're much wider than I wanted, but fancied it being properly low on 15s. Will see how we go.

Do remember seeing a red rado with stretched arches on some phat BBS' somewhere to, anyone know what I'm on about?

Was more interested in how he had done

I've been thinking, I could fit 195/45s on (not sure if thats even possible at the moment) then that'd bring the tread in another 10mm. Means I'd only need to pull/stretch the arches about an inch.

As this is a form over function project and the car didn't cost that much I'm not to worried if it looks a little out there. I have some 9x16 Dezents as back up rims as well so if it all goes pear shaped I can salp them on.

you would need to have some metal welded on to tuck them in and a bigger stretch on the rubber and maybe some neg camber and a good dose of good luck

LoL :lol: not far off a complete 'not gonna happen' verdict then?? :lol: