Sign in to follow this  
choumbie

Name of a part....please help

On some corrados...under the front bumper theres a rubber piece that attaches to the bottom...I dont have the piece on my corrado and ive been looking to buy the part, but i dont know what the name of it is...If anyone knows, please let me know the name (And if you know where to get one, that would be nice too) Thanks!

-alex

http://www.f-knieper.de/Auto/Bilder/18-corrado.jpg

You can see it in that picture....its the part right under the painted bumper part :?:

I think you're talking about the front spolier... :?: Over here it came in two flavours: 90mm deep on early models and 50mm deep on later ones... In between the bumper and the spolier is a lower front grille where the tow hooks live...

As to where to get them from... Rhode Island huh? That'll be east of Conneticutt... We have some stateside members on here that may be able to point you in the right direction... I know we can get them over here from places like GPC (http://www.gpcvwaudi.com/) They're showing the 90mm as £30 and the 50mm as £60 but I think that might be the wrong way round... :lol:

This is assuming the US spec cars had them...

Welcome to the forum by the way!!! :cheers:

HTH

DtM.

Im not sure if im replying correctly...But thanks a ton for the info...Whats the difference between the 90 mm and the 50 mm...Obviously a measurement, but in what way.....I would imagine the bigger one would cost more money?

Sorry about that...just re-read your reply again and saw that last part...Sorry...didnt understand the first time....

Im guessing the 90 mm one would go down closer to the ground, correct?

No problem Alex! :D

As DM says, closer to the ground.. If your C is lowered in anyway it would probably double as a lawnmower :lol:

I'd be interested to know if anyone runs their C with a 90mm lower spoiler AND lowered suspension? I'd have thought you get beached on the first speed bump you meet? Although being plastic it would probably give a little. The lower front spolier on my old Golf had a split in the middle (by design), made it easier when you put the front end over a tall kerb... :oops:

Good luck finding one!

DtM

When I first got my G60 it had a badass fibreglass spoiler fitted (not sure of size but can check) and every speedbump seemed like a volcano and was a nightmare to drive anywhere. Needless to say I took it off and still haven't bought a replacement. Gonna get a 50mm one when I do though 8)

I used to run the 90mm spoiler on my 80mm lowered corrado but after going through 3 of them I gave up. the C is going back into the paint shop to have another 90mm spoiler colour coded and blended into the bumper but of course I am going to have to raise the carbn a tad because it would be off in a month or 2 :( coilovers are coming werhoo

just out of curiosity BANANA MAN... how much did it cost to have your spoiler colour coded?

Im going to get a new one soon and also have other parts of the car I would like to be the same colour. Would be nice to have a heads up on price.

ps choumbie, hope you manage to get the front spoiler you want

DM

I'm running the 90mm front spoiler with a 55mm drop on 15's, it catches on most ramps, would perfer a 50mm spilter and go lower :D

Yea my corrado is lowered a little bit...The top of the front wheels are almost on the inside of the wheel well...Im not quite sure how much its lowered....I know the guy i bought it from put some rims on it...I think they're 16.5 inches.....Ide like to get the front of my car to look like its closer to the ground....I I dont want to get huge rims and put really low profile tires on it....The tires i have on my car right now are pretty wide...Ide say maybe 3 inches...Im not quite sure...I was thinking either get one of those front spoilers to make it appear closer to the ground...or get lower profile tires for the rims i have now....I've asked my dad about doing this, and hes said if you get lower profile tires...the revoloutions of the tire will be different, and the spedometer will be off....Is this true? Is there any way to avoid that?

Mod Edit: Pls stop posting in bold! VR