Sign in to follow this  
swindon-corrado

Corrado VR6 complete - Break it or ebay it ???

Hello everyone. I have just had my cylinder crack or split or something internally and my car does look the part even if I say so myself! :) . However I have had endless problems with trying to keep it up together and running and this is the last straw.

What I am after is opinions. I want to recoop as much cash back obviously as possible. Should I break the motor up into bits which I could probably achieve in a weekend and flog the bits seperately or would ebay be a better way with a reserve of £1000 or something?

Would like to know who has broke a complete VR6 and approx how much they made ??

Car has FK coilovers, Audi RS4 17" with new tyres. Etc Etc..

What do you think ?

I would imagine a few of the guys on here would be interested in the whole car? You say a £1000 reserve, is that how much you would take for it? Is the interior Leather?

All depends what you feel happy to settle with for the car / parts. If £1000 is your base target you'll get that with ease breaking, especially as you've got coilovers and Audi rims which could go to an Audi owner.

If that's too much hassle then £1000 for a car only needing a new engine then to the right person its a bargain. If you still have the patience you could source an 2nd hand engine and sell as a working car.

I suppose what I am really trying to establish is how much approx you can achieve by breaking the car from someone who has had the experience of breaking a VR6 and whether it is worth the while?

its main asset is the engine tbh and if thats fubar'd then its just going to fetch slightly more than a valver thats for breaking(obviously VR specific stuff will still fetch decent money)..........my friend and myself bought a rotten G60 for £400 and after selling the engine/charger/g-box for £500,the rest og the stuff probably gained us another £400,you really need the time and inclination to do it tho

Looking at the pic in your Avatar it looks in good condition,why don`t you as has been previously suggested keep it and look for a new engine. :?:

If you do break it and it`s flash red I have a list of bits I`m looking for :!: :lol:

I would guess the problem with breaking a car for spares is that the bits everyone want will go really quickly but then you are left with the rest, taking up space and waiting for someone with the same paint as you to have a bump.

Depends how fast you need the cash.

It doesn't have leather no.

The engine knackered either. It's needs a cylinder head. I can do the work myself no problem. However I don't have the time to do so and saving for house it is the worst time. I was going to sell it anyway as need a more practical car. (One with 4 doors) I'll buy another corrado in years to come when they are ultra rare and worth a fortune ..

Not prepared to throw any more money at it so it has to go as it is one way or the other.

It is the same car in the avatar.

If I can get in the region of £1800 I'll be happy.

Really ? So the cars are worthless ? Damn !

I thought the FK's and the new RS4's alone would fetch a good £700 not to mention the gearbox / bottom end and the brand new fogs and indicator lenses !

Well if it helps ive got a 2500 miles VR6 lump sitting in my garage ( was rebuilt)

otherwise a friend of mine has a 1.8 Jetta which he selling to buy a vr6 corrado but sadly he is not a fan of red :(

Decided to repair. I've took the head off and put it in to an engineering works. They are going to charge me a mere £10 to repair the Inlet port as there is a small hole but the head is true.

Any suggestions on which Head set to use ?