Sign in to follow this  
Philj

Late/early Vr/16v body differences?

I was looking at other early rados, and it seems Ive got a different front end to what I should have??

I had the 3/4 bar grille already on, and a debaged 3/4 bar went straight on it. Where as Ive heard some early ones have problems with different fittings?

Then looking at the bonnet, Ive got a bulge, where I look at cars like

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VW-CORRADO-1-8-16 ... 0080473139

And notice it indents?

Heres what my car looks like.

Image0844.jpg

Have I got a vr6 bonnet on it?? Or a late front end? Or is that just how it is?

Its a VR6 bonnet,many fitted the VR Hood,you have early fogs and indicators but its difficult to see from here what bumper you have on and all the grills can be swaped around.

Early --__-- Late __----__

It looks good.

Late spec (3/4 slat) grilles wont fit into the slam pannel of a early spec rado without some modification of the grille or slam pannel. The early type only have two fitting 'posts' on the bottom side of the grille, while the late grilles have three. The clips at the top are also different. If your new late spec grille fit straight in, I guess your slam pannel has been swapped over at some stage in the past.

Some of the slam pannels fitted during the cross over had the slots for both early and late grills... I guess yours is a late one though seeing as your C is on a G plate :?

yeah....but he said that he had a 4 slat standard late grille on there before he put the de-badged grill on :wink:

Cheers for clearing that up...

So, I've got a Vr6 bonnet, with a late slam panel?

Whats the differences in late/early wings and bumpers?

you've got an early spec bumper in your pic, the late spec the ridge that runs along the upper edge of the bumper doesn't curl in like the early spec ones, late spec wings are slighter wider

Aye later wings will fit no bother - they are wider but not by much - only really visible when you park and older one next to a younger one.