Sign in to follow this  
Jim

Spotted a Lamborghini Murcielago!

Probably not mega exciting to folks around London who might see this sort of thing more often but was pretty surprised on the way home last night to see a nice sort of metallic blue Lambo Murcielago waiting to pull out of a junction.

He pulled out behind me and followed me down the road.. even at a steady 30 in a residential area the noise off that V12 was unbelievable.. just resonating around, this low growl.

We came to the turn for the A46 - normally I don't go that way to get home but I indicated to join it hoping he would do and he did so I let rip just for the hell of it to get up to the national limit very quickly. He kept up (I can only assume effortlessly because I didn't hear any noise) and then sailed past me on the 'fast' lane, giving the mighty V12 a quick blat as he got past me - sounded spectacular! The car had so much presence - so low, so wide! Awesome! :)

Made my evening :D

Yeah, to me they are the ultimate car and that V12 is probably the best sounding engine ever!

lambos have that x factor for me over any of the other supercars, that v12 is in awesome engine aswell.

I know what you mean Jim. I was walking into Cheltenham a couple of weeks ago when a Murcielago (classic yellow this time) passed me and the missus. It was only idling forward in traffic at about fifteen miles an hour, but I promptly got terribly excited and started making comments about the burble of the big engine ticking over.

The other half made indulgent sighing noises bless her.

Most non-car enthusiast women (such as my girlfriend!) don't really understand it. They're happy for me to bang on about it all the time but don't get it themselves.

I remeber getting all excited on holiday as a Corrado VR6 blasted past, clearly induction kitted - she said, and I quote, "It sounds broken!" - sheesh!! :)

Spotted again.... :roll:

You wish :lol:

I spotted an Enzo once when i went to london!! Even cruising down this street the noise was unbelievable as it bounced off the tall buildings!!! And it was SO wide :shock:

Well right around the same area I regularly see a new Aston, seen a Lamborghini Gallarado, and i've even seen a Porsche Carrera GT waiting to pull out of a junction! Awesome looking thing it was! Its definately a hot spot for cool cars :D

My bosses mate has swapped his 911 turbo (remember the pic I posted of some bint in a limo flashing him when he lent it for a week??) for a Gallardo recently.

Must really trust my boss cos it's looking like he's gonna do the same and lend him that for a week, too. He popped up in it to see my boss recently but I'd gone home and missed it. Gutted. Was told it was stunning.

I codged a ride when he lent him the Porka though, so fingers crossed!

Well right around the same area I regularly see a new Aston, seen a Lamborghini Gallarado, and i've even seen a Porsche Carrera GT waiting to pull out of a junction! Awesome looking thing it was! Its definately a hot spot for cool cars :D

On the subject of Astons, is it me or are there far more of them in general circulation than there used to be? Maybe it's just the Midlands becoming more affluent (hence my inability to afford a house!) but when I was a lad (oh dear) then spotting one was a real treat.

These days I seem to spot them quite often.

Hehe, don't want to sound cocky, but you northerners aught to come to Surrey (don't you know :wink: ). I rarely get impressed with cars I see any more, as there's so many of them going around! astons, ferraris, lambos, porsches, you name it, mostly an everyday occurrence round here 8)

I remember having a burn with a mclaren merc SLR on my old bike, that was fun, it had the same plate as the one Tiff drove on 5th gear too, tho wasn't him driving. There's even a few Mclaren F1's around, though I'm quite close to the Mclaren HQ in Woking, so might all be press cars.

That said, there's a garage round here called Romans. Might as well be heaven TBH, I can't actually believe what they've got in there. On any 1 day, they'll have at least a carrera GT, an enzo, a zonda (usually a couple of each as well!), and countless others. I only go past it when I go to ikea, and every time I strain my neck to see what they've got! One day I'm gonna dress up smart and pop in for a look.

Jim.... They've opened a Bentley and Lambo showroom at Fort Dunlop... Pop down there..... There's an orange Murcielago in there and a few Gallardos...

Awesome :)

Jim, I did not have you dowm for a Big Lebowski fan!?

Well never really talked to you much mate, so I guess you'd have no other way of knowing :p

I love films in general and The Big Lebowski is just sheer brilliance.. absolutely love it! :)

I go past Joe Macari's in Wnadsworth on the South Circular quite often, its always full of lovely old Ferraris and Porsches. Its on a one-way system, so I sometimes go round again if its not busy, or kerb crawl past if it is.

There's a Roman's near Redhill too, loads of top spec cars like the one near Johnny_L, but I'd say my fave would be the TVR Tuscan. Its so mean and British too!

I love films in general and The Big Lebowski is just sheer brilliance.. absolutely love it!

Are these Nazis, Walter?

No Donny, these men are nihilists. There's nothing to be afraid of.

Um - thats the Corrado spotting thread. This is a different topic of conversation.

You are likely to see lots of new Astons if you live around coventry as they are made there. The factory has a fleet of test cars that are taken out on routes around the local area containing built up, motorway, country lane etc. driving for 'milage accumulation'

Also the engineers are allowed to borrow these cars at the weekends and evenings to take home. Lucky gits :lol:

you should come down to leatherhead in surrey. hundreds of em. well a few. i thought they were v10 from the audi. as the quattroo systems. ?

we spotted a Murcielago in Cannock 2wks ago saturday sporting L4 MBO no plate, fack me it sounded awesome & went like we were standing still :lol:

we spotted a Murcielago in Cannock 2wks ago saturday sporting L4 MBO no plate, fack me it sounded awesome & went like we were standing still :lol:

Bally... Thats a mate of mine, and yes its load and rapid :)

Um - thats the Corrado spotting thread. This is a different topic of conversation.

Slight difference i think. :lol:

i always get the horn when i see a Lambo. Best place is Edgeware Road in London. Saw a white one few weeks back doing like 40mph in like 1st Gear... Must say sounded slightly better then my rado,,, :lol:

you should come down to leatherhead in surrey. hundreds of em. well a few. i thought they were v10 from the audi. as the quattroo systems. ?

V10 is the gay Gallardo, basically an over hyped TT with a bigger engine and normal doors...

Anyone see the review of the new Audi R8 in Top Gear? Sounds like the iconic 911 might have a little competition now. Admittedly the 911 has had 40+ years of refinement but Audi adapt quickly and can make equally "cold / precise" german cars..

What was interesting in the article was that previously the other German car makers have never tried to compete with Porsche for the 911 market because of some unwritten gentlemans agreement.. but Porsche crapped all over that when they released the Cayenne to compete with the Mercedes ML's and the BMW X5 - BMW have apparently had a full blown full on //M sports car prototype in the wings for a long time and may well consider moving into testing in the near future! Wouldn't mind seeing that! :)

Hehe, don't want to sound cocky, but you northerners aught to come to Surrey (don't you know :wink: ). I rarely get impressed with cars I see any more, as there's so many of them going around! astons, ferraris, lambos, porsches, you name it, mostly an everyday occurrence round here 8)

I remember having a burn with a mclaren merc SLR on my old bike, that was fun, it had the same plate as the one Tiff drove on 5th gear too, tho wasn't him driving. There's even a few Mclaren F1's around, though I'm quite close to the Mclaren HQ in Woking, so might all be press cars.

That said, there's a garage round here called Romans. Might as well be heaven TBH, I can't actually believe what they've got in there. On any 1 day, they'll have at least a carrera GT, an enzo, a zonda (usually a couple of each as well!), and countless others. I only go past it when I go to ikea, and every time I strain my neck to see what they've got! One day I'm gonna dress up smart and pop in for a look.

ya not wrong there, last few times ive dropped the misses back home in surbiton, ive seen a f430 conv, a few lambo's and a hell of a lot of aston's. used to get excited at seeing all the nice supercars, now its just a normal every day thing!! :lol: never once seen another rado tho!! does that make them extra special?? :lol: