Sign in to follow this  
Bups

93 Rado Vr Missing

Feels like its just on one cylinder but it has lost alot of power, iv tried changing the ht leads but still no joy. Will it be the coilpack by any chance? (iv tried gsf but they say they dont do a coilpack for a ABV engine, they only do a coilpack for a Golf VR AAA engine) Are all the coilpacks the same or do they differ at all?

Coilpack is my fave for these problems if it is the original one you still have.

They do not endure the great heat from the engine they are bolted onto very well!

You can get a coilpack for vwspares.com. Be worth checking with a local C owner who has a working coilpack before you spank a load of money on a new one.

How many miles are on car/coilpack?

Cheers for the reply dude, the rado has done 145,000 miles so i think that it maybe the problem, no-one owns a corrado vr that i know tbh. Think il inspect the spark plugs at the weekend and then if it isnt that then il change the coilpack. (£124 delivered from vws)

You should be able to use any coil pack from a VR engine, Golf 92-98, Passat 92-97, Transporter 96-2004, Sharan 96-2000 and Vento 92-98.

Hunt around and see if the Golf ones are any cheaper.