Sign in to follow this  
G60Jet

R32---The Quest Begins

Well I went to see two R32s at a stealers today, and i can honestly say given the price tag on the screens I was very disappointed.

For the top money they wanted, they were less than spot on.

the newer one a mk4 at 17k plus, and within seconds of walking up to it i could tell it has had a hard life. The rear window was tinted with film and the dealer clearly removed an old sticker and pulled some of it off and put a new dealer sticking in its place, it looked a right mess. The rear bumper was twisted. where is had been reversed into something. the front skirt and bumper looked like it has been driven over speed bumps a 100mph.

the other..cheaper at 16.5k was just really dirty inside. ash everywhere, marks in the paint and i even suspect it has the rear bumper sprayed. let alone the marks on the rear light clusters. The saleman told me that they had them of VW uk. i mean if thats the standard of second hand cars they are knocking out...I'll be steering well clear. :cry: didnt even want to test drive them i was soooooo disappointed at the standard.

They would not have come from Volkswagen UK, way too old - very rare for Volkswagen to have anything more than 12 months old

trouble is i need to sell my car, a dealer will be so much easier. I phoned the women selling her that duke_st posted. sound a nice motor, but she's looking to sell it now and i dont think i can sell my TDI that quick

Im after one with Part leather seats no full and WITHOUT satnav and must be a 3 dr

Sounds like your gonna need to take your time, in the end you will end up with exactly the car you want and at a good price...

Good luck...

yeah just wait. took me a year to find another s3 i wanted to own.

also i would say .. can you not get a short term loan so you can have the money sitting there waiting if the perfect one comes available. Sometimes you have to move fast to snap them up and being stuck having to sell your car could loose you the deal on the PERFECT car.

yeah just wait. took me a year to find another s3 i wanted to own.

also i would say .. can you not get a short term loan so you can have the money sitting there waiting if the perfect one comes available. Sometimes you have to move fast to snap them up and being stuck having to sell your car could loose you the deal on the PERFECT car.

Yeah being as my missus and i can car share all but one day a week that may be an option, might buy a nail for a few months or something. I've got money sitting in the bank so some off it, but i dont really want to touch that as its a house deposit.

Wetn to see another one today, this time a 5 door. What a mess, every wheel was damaged and it looked like its had more hits than the beatles. best bit was the price 17k what a joke. over average miles and trashed. Dealers are a joke

There is a real old MK2 beater for sale on the forum atm for £99.. ideal car to get you around in whilst you get the TDI sold! :)

There is a real old MK2 beater for sale on the forum atm for £99.. ideal car to get you around in whilst you get the TDI sold! :)

hmm just starting a new job might want something that goes :lol:

nearly all our approved used VW stock goes on the forecourt without prep work apart from valet and any major scrapes/dents in which case they would be sprayed / new panels put on.

Any further work is then carried out with multipoint check and service before handover to customer which comes out of the margin.

We are lucky that nearly all of our stock is in very good order before being placed on site but does vary from dealership to dealership depending on there facilities and condition of cars coming in as part ex's.

nearly all our approved used VW stock goes on the forecourt without prep work apart from valet and any major scrapes/dents in which case they would be sprayed / new panels put on.

Any further work is then carried out with multipoint check and service before handover to customer which comes out of the margin.

We are lucky that nearly all of our stock is in very good order before being placed on site but does vary from dealership to dealership depending on there facilities and condition of cars coming in as part ex's.

thats when dealers start saying "well sort it" instead of we'll fix it

G60SC_Stoney, too costly as i'd end up paying interest on 15k rather than £0

but if you repay the loan early enough they dont charge you much interest, only an early settlement fee.....

G60SC_Stoney, too costly as i'd end up paying interest on 15k rather than £0

but if you repay the loan early enough they dont charge you much interest, only an early settlement fee.....

I work for a bank mate :lol:

dont you get banky offers then ? like super low rates etc?

not from a Sperm bank :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: