Sign in to follow this  
just_say_meth

G60 possible boost leak?!

Cracked one of my boost pipes recently and everytime i accelerated i could hear the rush of air from the pass. foot well.

So i purchased some BBM boost pipes from g-werks, now i definately don't have a leak from the pipes which i know of,and i still get the noise, but could it possibly be,

1-the noise of the boost flowing through the intercooler

2- air flowing through the intercooler and out of the pass. side arch (arch has been drilled to allow flow through)

3- Leaky intercooler?!

Car still feels really responsive just worried about this noise when on full throttle if it's a leak or just one of those corrado noises?!

Sorry if this makes no sense!! any help appreciated

Cracked one of my boost pipes recently and everytime i accelerated i could hear the rush of air from the pass. foot well.

So i purchased some BBM boost pipes from g-werks, now i definately don't have a leak from the pipes which i know of,and i still get the noise, but could it possibly be,

1-the noise of the boost flowing through the intercooler

2- air flowing through the intercooler and out of the pass. side arch (arch has been drilled to allow flow through)

3- Leaky intercooler?!

Car still feels really responsive just worried about this noise when on full throttle if it's a leak or just one of those corrado noises?!

Sorry if this makes no sense!! any help appreciated

Try carrying out the boost check on the wiki to check for leaks

Boost Check

Boost return has been taken off, think i've got it narrowed to an ill fitting pipe causing the leak. Will need to road test tho as the 4 miles to work isn't enough!!

i know this sounds daft - but are you sure all the connections are on tight? if its a whistling noise it could be the drilled holes in the arch lining

you really need to do a boost leak test

Went over every connection last night, think i got it sorted but couldn't really give a good test on the way to work. _leon_ that was one of my thoughts about the arch lining

Gunna do a leak test when i get a chance. Thanks the for advise guys :thumbleft:

Boost return has been taken off,

Erm, that'll be where the air "whoosh" is coming from then... when on part throttle the boost will be coming out of the bottom of the throttle body until you actually press the throttle all the way open... :|

Boost return has been taken off,

Erm, that'll be where the air "whoosh" is coming from then... when on part throttle the boost will be coming out of the bottom of the throttle body until you actually press the throttle all the way open... :|

Was only getting the leak on full throttle, and it ended up being an ill fitting connector. All sorted now though!!