Sign in to follow this  
ziderapple

Are you really a dubber??

Have been many other 'typical corrado' problems m8...like now its currently off the road again,just when i really need it for work.

The badly designed front engine mount bracket has snapped,and guess what...after id wrestled with the bast/\rd of a job fitting a new bracket and a new mount...the heater matrix pipe snapped. :roll:

Im just seeing the corrado without my v.a.g blinkers on...

Ive owned about 8 cars and only 2 of those werent VW. One of the non vw was cause my car got stolen and I needed something urgently to get me around so go the first thing that came up cheap.

My last car was a nissan 200sx s14a. Newer, faster etc etc but it wasnt near as much fun as the corrado. So i sold it and im back again. My corrado has been off the road while I repair/replace parts on it.

I wouldnt say people here have vag blinkers on, we all know and admit the faults with the corrado. But at the end of the day its about having fun where you can and the corrado delivers that.

I think there is an Alfa Romeo element to the Corrado, that much is true. But we don't drive it or cherish it because of its build quality ;) You just take it for what it is.

i don't limit myself to liking certain cars, sure i admire vag for the build quality.

but i didn't buy corrado because it was a VW, more because it was a corrado.

wouldn't say i'm a true "dubber" as its the only VW i've had

Tbh there aren't many performance dubs to like

No, I'm a Petrol Head.

The C just happens to be the only car that I must have, for so many reasons.

I have always been a dubber at heart, from a kid i loved the corrado and golf mk1/mk2's. And im lucky that at 20 my second car is the one i always wanted, a blackberry corrado vr6 and i fooking love it every day! I still look out the window at it, look back at it when i park up at work every morning and just think 'damn thats a good looking car!' compared to all the clones in the car park! And now i own a vw i am starting to make sense of other cars like the scirrocos/ventos/polos etc. I have always respected VAG cars a lot more, and now my house is full of them, parents have an Audi A4, my corrado, my sister has a mk2 golf and her bf has a mk4 golf :D

Im maybe not a true dubber but im a dubber in the making and damn proud of it!! :D

I have to admit to being a VW addict - I've just got rid of my only recent non VAG car (E34 BMW 535) in just under a year for no other reason than I don't like it! The other half has the G60 Raddo and I replaced the BMW with a Passat VR6 and even though its slower, etc (In fact worse in most respects!)I'm so much happier with it!...(plus I means I can afford get my MK2 16v Golf roadworthy again.)

The main problem with the VW scene is it is seen from the outside with a kind of snobbery - like VW are superior cars but most people into dubs don't actually think like that at all - I think theres a mixture of attractions like styling, drivabilty, ease of repair and general a large community of support that comes with it - personally I just like the overall experience of 70-80s VWs but I can't really expain why!

i like pussy and Austin Allegro's dont need to have the label of a dubber to have the love!

I hear ya Furki :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry Riley.. thats a nonsense post. You've had a few problems with your car so its now one of the worst cars ever made? Come on!

For the time the G60 was a meaty engine - in fact it was often remarked how impressive it was that they'd gotten 160BHP from a 1.8 8v litre engine. Bear in mind the shiny new VR6 "only" managed offer up 20% more BHP from a nearly 60% increase in engine capacity. I think its only because we've been spoilt with the powerful 1.8T and 2.0FSI-T engines from VW in recent years that the G60 looks decidedly dated but you've gotta take it in the right context!

The rear brakes suck but they're just from the MK2 so no better or no worse than other VW models of the time. The spoiler - whats up with that? My 175k car's spoiler still works with no intervention from me or the previous owners? Sounds like a pretty robust design to me?

I respect your opinion mate but I don't agree with it in the slightest!

Jim,its hardly nonsense when im going off corrado ownership experience.

Didnt really want to compare the vr6 but it hardly makes decent power itself! and the rear brakes,exactly! the corrado is a mongrel :lol:

As for the spoiler,i think you know how common a problem this is Jim,whether its dials or other leccy related.

C'mon,build quality??? seriously can you tell me that the door handles/sunroofs/electrics/heater controls/heater motors/lighting/all !!!!!! the dash switches/gearing(g60)/brakes are all well designed? They are stupidly common and annoying problems that other marques dont have,obviously every make of car has its little problems,but nothing beats a corrado does it? tell me something that does?

As for being spoilt with more modern v.a.g engines...thats what i mean,you only have to look at other forums (without v.a.g blinkers,not saying anyone in particular has btw :? ) (mitsubishi for example :oops: :lol: ) to see what a world apart they are in terms of reliability and build quality...

Neil.

ps:like i said earlier,im dissapointed that i feel this way...i want to love corrado's but i have to go upto the unit again :roll: shortly and replace the heater matrix...another crap design fault with corrado's.After the crap engine mount bracket snapped also.

Was also brought up with vw magazines in the house and my mum has owned 4 or 5 campers, so was really a natural progression to me.

Have had vw's since i was 17 and have had a mixture of new and old, to be honest i'm pretty obsessed with them and don't think i'd buy outwith the v.a.g family. Have a lot of friends with a whole mixture of cars but none of them have that 'wow' factor for me.

Just my 2p worth anyways!!

have had a mixture of new and old, to be honest i'm pretty obsessed with them.

Same 8) Will always own a v.a.g motor of some sort.

Neil.

since buying my 993 over a year ago my Corrado "blinkers" have been cast aside,not to their reliability/quirks and probs but more to their used prices on the market,but I certainly think tho that Riley is going to perhaps realise the hard way that the grass isn't always greener on the "other" side as to going Jap,maybe the Japs have got better reliability but no car manufacturer has managed to get every part/component down to 100% reliability,so it just needs for something that is dealer only to go wrong with said Jap wagon and then he'll think VW's are cheap to run!!!.........

Neil.

Shame you've had so many problems with your G60 neil was looking forward to seeing it at volksdevil gathering!!

Good luck with the replacement

I definately agree engine decisions by VW are rubbish - they always seem to hold back - why did'nt they release the G6016V as a Raddo engine? Why did they chicken out on the Schrick cam on the VR6?(VW were very close to doing this) I think cost was is poor reasoning when turning an average engine to someting class leading - From a performace perspective I can see why people go Jap - for the exact opposite reasons...

vr6_storm,Maybe...maybe not...i think maybe not though. :)

Im currently reading a lancer forum,and i cant see any posts regarding issues/problems,on here though is another story...

And if they are more reliable,then surely they are cheaper to run.I just need to work,and get the little girl about,reading the problems people have on here day in day out dosn't fill me with confidence.

Reading the lancer forum makes me feel a lot more confident...even if when they do go wrong,parts may be a little more expensive.

Neil.

Neil.

Shame you've had so many problems with your G60 neil was looking forward to seeing it at volksdevil gathering!!

Good luck with the replacement[/quote:762b0]

Thanks m8 :D

I honestly,hand on heart wish i could have enjoyed and fallen in love with the rado,but i need something more reliable and better built :(

Yeah but Neil the reason the lancers dont go wrong is because they have to be serviced every other week :lol:

Sorry to hear that you dont like the C anymore :(

:lol: every 4.5k miles or 6 months! scared me at first,but its just oils and filters which i dont mind...plus,not bad for a thouroughbred rally car 8)

The more i read,the more i like! each evolution has been improved and developed really well :) and more for your money!

interesting link here to compare evolutions 8)

Neil.

My work mate has owned scoobies for years and recently took the plunge and bought an Evo 8 FQ340 and he is very impressed with it. Although he recently had it serviced for £500 and that wasnt a big one apparently :shock: but his being the evo 8 they have to do all these checks to the diffs etc, crazy! And its RAPID :D lol

Riley, I've got to be honest dude, but I think you have had schitt load of bad luck with your G60. I know that there are common problems but it seems that you've had them all!! Its a shame really, cos you now think that the Corrado is a schitt car.

I do agree with you on the MK1 front though. Dead easy to fix anything on them, due to their total simplicity. Had two MK1 GTi's myself!!

Not too keen on the Mitsi Lancer myself, but I can see the attraction... mate of mine had an EVO IV and loved it.

My folks always had dubs, and my first car was a GT Beetle, so that was a good start! I'm currently throwing money at the GTD to get it back into good nick, when the sensible thing to do would be to buy a newer car, so in that sense I'm a dubber.

However, I'm not interested in anything post-96 that VW have produced, and I appreciate some cars producted by other marques (Alfas, 205 Gtis etc.)

I must admit to having my fingers burned like Riley in terms of things going wrong, and that' put me off Corrados to some extent, however, in perspective, I think that mine was just a 16year old car, and things just decided to go wrong when I owned it!