Sign in to follow this  
RADO.001

resettin standard vr6 alarm?

had the battry off for a few days to replace the alternater last wk. when i reconnected the battry the other day the alarm when off and couldnt dissarm it with the fob or start the car so just took the battry back off!

any idea how the set the alarm? cheers Dave

Think you just need to keep the arm/disarm button depressed till it resets. Probably a good idea to turn the siren off first.

Had a similar problem with mine and had to cal the AA out. Turned out the battery was knackered and he disconnected it for about 15 mins then reconnected and it was ok then.

Try switching on the ignition, reconnect the battery, turn the ignition off then press the remote for ten seconds. I've had to do this a couple of times as the battery on my 2.0 16v lasts about 3 days at the moment!

There is a 'proper' procedure for reconnecting the battery involving having the ignition on, reconnect, ignition off, press the remote etc and what Matt says sounds right from memory. I've not got the instructions in the house so can't say for sure.

I had huge trouble when having a new battery fitted from not reading the instructions and trying all sorts of things. The poor alarm was so confused it hadn't a clue what was going on. Even when eventually following the proper procedure it still wouldn't do as it should.

After leaving the battery disconnected for 24 hours the intenal one on the alarm also drained and when reconnected following the right procedure it set like a dream.

This always worked for my std alarm...Open the boot, bonnet, glove box and both doors. Disconnect the battery for about 30 secs. Reconnect the battery whilst pressing the arm button on the key fob. The alarm will bleep and should then be OK. Close everything which was open and then try the alarm.

"Try switching on the ignition, reconnect the battery, turn the ignition off then press the remote for ten seconds"

done that with no joy yesterday im afraid!

VR6 South, will try ur way now.

I had this trouble today after the battery was off for a day or so - VR6 South's proceedure worked a treat for me after I tried all the other stuff above - cheers. RADO.001 - there's a manual on Here for the standard Scorpion alarm - hth

rite did it "VR6 South" way and got the rado started, nice!

but drove it striaght to my mates garage, turn off the engine & tried 2 restart the alarm went mental AGAIN!

so im goin to rip it out!

Is there any chance someone could tell me what fuses are used in this alarm, not the main alarm (mine is by glove box) but the bit with the other fuses, it has space for 3 fuses and i have lost mine, and cant remember what they were!!

Could someone have a look for me...............pretty please!

On the drivers side, with the fuses, there is a little block (pictured) it will have 3 fuses in it, it may be tucked up somewhere, hidden from view but wont be secured.

you have to take off a small bit of the dash to get to the fuses, no biggie though.

Thanks a million for this!

corradofuseszt7.jpg

Your setup is different to mine. When I pull these two fuses - no alrm, When I out them back - alarm. You've got three on yours - does your alarm 'chirp' when you set it? If it does, you've got the siren backup (which I haven't), which is probably what your third fuse is all about. Sorry about the poor pic, but the fuses are 7.5 and 15 amps. Hope this helps a bit - Timmaaah

DSC00515.jpg

When i press the "arm" button it does "chirp" yes, i think thats what you were asking............i do remember there being two fuses the same in the "Block" so now its just a case of working it out. Thanks for the help you have done me a big favor!