Sign in to follow this  
craziscot

Headlight Switch

It would appear my Headlight Switch has finally packed in, I have two questions:-

What is the difference between the early and late switches, as it would appear I have an early switch in my 94 VR6, and want to be sure I by the right switch?

What is the best way to get these out of the dash without dismantling the dash in the process?

Thanks in advance.

piece of peeeeezzzz to change............................................take out blank switch(next to h/l switch) then push out the headlight switch from behind

I got a new headlight switch from GPC for ~£36 last week, the one where you push once on the lefthand side to go to sidelights and then again to full beam, I think thats late style (and your would be too?). Easy to fit and the switch feels so much more robust

Thanks for the help, what threw me was when I checked out Arz Tuning they have my switch listed as an old style switch for cars with sliding heater controls, deffinately not what I have!

Its now decided it wants to work again, think I will pull it out and dismantle it at the weekend, see if I can't assist it with its thinking!!

if you take out the old switch and shake it , you might find that the little shards of broken prespex that jam it up fall out making it work again