Sign in to follow this  
Ralphead

My first VW

Hi everybody. Iv'e been skanking around the forum for a month or so to get a feel for owning a C. The help and info I've found was invaluable to me when looking at what's now my car, so a big thanks to everyone really.

My Corrado is a 90' 16v in helios/ink? blue with a Karmann interior (anything special?) standard apart from a big zorst and some TSW Paces im gonna bolt on.The car's been sat unused in a shed for best part of three years and needs a fair bit of work, nothing serious just lotsa minor stuff really. With this being my first VW I'll probably have loads of stupid questions for you all, just speak slowly and clearly and I might get it! lol.

I'll get some pics up when I figure my camera out.

*coughs and speaks clearly and slowly*

Tell ... your .... wallet .... to .... brace ... for .... impact ...

:D

Welcome mate!

Welcome to the fold. All corrado's have this so called Karmann interior as the whole car is actually made by Karmann :lol:

Get some pics up asap :D

Hi mate,welcome aboard.

There's a few of us here from Cornwall, where abouts are you?

All corrados had the 'karmann interior' , they were all built by hand in the karmann factory in Germany so the badge is there to sybolise that :)

Helios blue is a fairly rare colour on rado's, get some pictures up!!

nothing serious just lotsa minor stuff really

the niave youth of today.lol

anything minor on a Rado usually takes twice as long as predicted.

Eg took me an hour to change battery before due every buggering bolt being buggered and had to take out headlamp etc. Sure there are many more exmaples.

But when there out there on the great plains (Britains cack roads) you'll enjoy every min.

Cool thanks everyone. Well, yeah, I've found new faults today, the heater vent cables have come adrift and some animal's fixed the leaky rad by covering part of it with glassfibre matting! But at least it has floors and paint ect. Bit of a novelty for a car of mine!

I'm in lovely Launceston, lovely that is if you avoid the tramps and needles...