Sign in to follow this  
Furkz

ZYMOL Wax

Hi Folks,

I got home today after wandering several stores looking for a new polish for my car. I had enough of the usual suspects and wanted to try something special. I found a bottle of Zymol Cleaner wax, I heard about this products but lots of different ppl and I think it has been mentioned. Read the bottle and it looks the nutz even smelled the nutz.. :roll:...slammed £11 on the counter and drove home fast as my lil G60 could. Washed the car and got it ready for my lovely smelling polish. Right, I did it all properly and took me like 3 times as long to do it coz its blue and my cars black. Buffing it was a right pain and didnt come off that easily either. Came off leaving a white rubberry dusting effect too which u have to dust off afterwards. Thats not the worst part the finish of the shine is absolutely crapp, its all smeary and not a clear shine , also leaves massive smear marks all over the place and made my car look like i washed it and drove off effects.

Just thought i put this post up to help u guys save some money and time...Stick to Autoglym...I AM

Cheers Furki

Zymól Cleaner wax

If you get the 'proper' Zymol or SWISSOL the results are superb.

Sounds also like you were leaving it to dry on the car. You are meant to take it off before it dries, unlike AG SRP which you are meant to let dry, so that it goes dusty and gets everywhere.

What shampoo did you use, and what did you use to buff the cleaner wax off with?

If you take it off before it dries it is much easier to use and the results are better than AG SRP, which IMHO does not reveal the true colour of the car, but leaves a haze over it

You pays the money.........it saves you time in the long run and the results are far superior.

john.

Its not hard cleaning a car, i have done it before once or twice

i used the zymol (green) washing liquid and used a soft cotton t-shirt to apply it and soft soft cloth to buff it

i get 10 times better effects when i use colour magic.

Is swissol the same, coz i was thinking of placing an order when i got some money

Its not hard cleaning a car, i have done it before once or twice.

i used the zymol (green) washing liquid and used a soft cotton t-shirt to apply it and soft soft cloth to buff it

i get 10 times better effects when i use colour magic.

Is swissol the same, coz i was thinking of placing an order when i got some money

I am not saying it's hard to clean a car, but it depends on how you use the products and the time taken, will give you the best results.

Make sure any cloths that you use are 100% cotton only, not elastic type bits of thread in them, otherwith you will get minute scratches and swirlmarks.

Surprised that you get better results when using colour magic, maybe this is because it is covering up swirl marks and swirls on the paintwork.

Thw Cleaner Wax is meant to be quite good, but the results are not as good as if you use a seperate Cleaner Fluid and a wax.

Also the results are normally improved if a Paint Rubber (clay bar) is used before the pre-wax treatment, to remove the slight imperfections on the paint surface. Then the Cleansing stage is made easier.

Are SWISSOL products the same? As what, Zymol? Well yes and no. Yes they do the same job and no, because they have been developed to be easier to use, with application and buffing being easier. I know, I have used both.

HTH,

John.

Ive tried it again and funnily enough its made the car worse...Ive had to wash it completely 2 times and poilsh it up and the finish is still mirror-y. I think it doesnt like black...or its just completely shite

I use the Mequiars Deep Crystal 3-stage system once a month and rest of the time I just wash it with their Soft Wash Gel. If the shine isn't good, I mist some Quick Detailer on it :) I haven't tried their (Gold Class) Clear Coat Wax yet, but many froth about it.

Anyways, I am well impressed

This is after the first time I used the three stage. The car was grubby as anything 'cause of previous owner

Rica

WOW! that is GORGEOUS! yep I get the same results with Autoglym Super Resin and then the final polish - looks superb and protects very well.

Have always heard that Zymol was the mutts nuts but never used it. Always been very happy with Auto Glym.

Use Meguires Gold class, easy to apply, wipes off without leaving no white residue and gives of a deep deep shine,

Trust me,

I use Zymol on mine and its sweet as a nut.

http://www.zymol.com/

There are different types of polishes pre wax etc but I guess you would need to use the right stuff. You also need to have the polishing cloth as it is the only thing that brings it off. I tried with a t shirt\towel\glass cleaning towel once and it was a nightmare.

There are specific polishes for metallic non metallic etc etc.

The problem with most other polishes is that they are basically abrasives where as if you read and believe what it says this stuff basically feeds the paint. I would swear by it and at 100 quid for a starter kit it is worth it and I know its a hell of a lot of cash but it works.

the polish alone is at lest 30 quid so not sure what you got.

If you go hear there is a manufacture then colour selector to point you in the right direction

http://www.scweurope.com/

Here's mine and the pic was taken a few weeks after it was waxed.

http://corrado.atx-hosting.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=68

The best thing about it is the way the water beads up for weeks after. (Sorry thats pretty sad I know)

Hey Joe that's a sweet finish

HTH (rant over)

i used to use autoglym on my mk2 golf then changed to zymol cleaner wax i dont think you can beat it first time i used it on my mk2 i had loads of comments from ppl saying how deeper the colour looked cant fault it.

i know it takes longer to put on and off than autoglym but done right the results are stunning. it never stopped me winning concours events :wink:

VW's own polish isn't too bad either. The longest water beading period I've had (on a Helious Blue MK2) was just over 6 months using Super resin and their Gloss protection on top. Awesome stuff.

Kev

Use Meguires Gold class, easy to apply, wipes off without leaving no white residue and gives of a deep deep shine,

Trust me,

I'll second that - after 17 years in the motor trade - Meguiars Gold Class is the best that I've ever seen.. :wink:

Trust me,

I'll second that - after 17 years in the motor trade - Meguiars Gold Class is the best that I've ever seen.. :wink:

And I'll third it.... I used the Meguiars 3 stage system when I first bought the VR .... I now use Gold Class every 3-4 months and everyone comments on the shine.... even when I have washed and chamoised it down it looks like I have spent hours polishing it - even after six months....

If you havent tried Meguiars then get some NOW and make sure you buy the magic soft cloth :lol: :lol:

might have to look into this meguires stuff methinks...ohh yeah anyone know how to get superglue off the panels without taking off the paint used white spirit, bug, tar and tree sap remover and waxes still lil bit left on there.....this what happens when u looks kids up in ya garage :mad:

FurkiG60 Acetone (Nail polish remover) disolves superglue and won't damage your paint 'cos it evaporates too quickly... It may take the shine off a bit though, so you may have to polish the bit you've got superglue on afterwards... 8)

might have to look into this meguires stuff methinks...:

Be rude not to. When my current Zymol runs out I'll give it a bash hmmmm had this for a year and a half and look like it will last another year and a half .

The next polish I'll be gettin is this stuff http://www.5starshine.com. If your car is over a year old you need to remove any residue, wax & polish etc. before starting. The polish then uses a positive & negative charge to attach itself to the actual paint. Its supposed to last for five years :shock: . The US Navy use this stuff to protect their radar equipment from the sea air ...so it can't be bad

Just have to save up for it now :)