Sign in to follow this  
vwdeviant

My Pearl Ghey 16v Gone :( - Introducing "Annie"

Thought it was about time I stuck up some pics of the Valver, as well as some of my "old metal" so you can see where I've come from and where I'm going....

First up, my 1969 Notchback: slammed (to within 3 inches of floor) and running rare Porsche 914 Magnesium wheels..

dotnewquay.jpg

My "daily hack" while I was running the Notch, a Mars red, 1982 Skyrocket GTi (again one year only model, runs early 1.8 GTi engine with external oil cooler), with BBSG60's, late body kit, This came loaded from the Factory, Sun-roof, fogs, height adjustable drivers seat, Zender rear spoiler and single wiper.. Now stored in a lock up awaiting some resto work...

skyrocket1.jpg

Followed by my 1964 Split-screen single cab: Again lowered and running polished Empi 5's..

Kirby1.jpg

Then my Trekker, again slammed running BRM copies and Rat-look paint/stickers....

trekker.jpg

Any my ex-wife's 68 Fastback: Spent first two years in Gibraltar (hence the '70 plate), again slammed and running even rarer detailed and polished Porsche 914 Fuch Magnesium wheels, and a rare off white interior...

Yumpie1.jpg

Now I'm the proud owner of a 1992 2.0l 16v Rado.... Been lowered about 40mm, and running the usual manky Estos... more mods to follow

Corrado3.jpg

Now with self-blacked nose badge (rattle can satin black)

Corradobonnet2.jpg

Nice collection matey! Have you thought about using some psacer to bring the rims out of the arches a little? 25mm would get it looking just right IMO 8)

Sweet, you have the best colour the Corrado came in...

and a nice dub history too... the 'thing' (trekker) looks awesome...

Sweet, you have the best colour the Corrado came in...

and a nice dub history too... the 'thing' (trekker) looks awesome...

Thanks, loving the dark grey never seems to appear dirty (until I wash it!)

Trekker was a laugh (Things are the US versions, mine was ex-Dutch army) but with the reduction gearboxes still in place meant v-max was 50! Mind you would idle along in 1st at walking speed....

Well a fruitful 2 hours spent on Sunday Morning.... Seemed rude not to give the car a decent polish and wax as the weather's so good At the moment. Managed to get most of the winter blues off the car...

DSC00329.jpg

DSC00330.jpg

And my fav shot...

DSC00331.jpg

Now all I need to do is fit the new headlight reflectors (May detail them first) and de-badged grill I got from G-Man

Nice list of motors mate.

25mm would get it looking just right IMO 8)

Do you reckon you would get away with 25mm spacers? I have esto's on my valver and was thinking more like 10-15mm

Picked this up today ....

an very tidy pale metallic blue 88 Clipper...

0b9d_3.jpg

0dfc_3.jpg

1b59_3.jpg

10b8_3.jpg

15ab_3.jpg

18c5_3.jpg

1358_3.jpg

Will post some more when I get the car Valeted properly... But not bad for the money

Cheers Greeny but the plan is to bung the Estorils on it when they've been polished, and the Borbet C's will be on the Daily Rado..

Beige Colies will come later, car's already -25mm, so don't really need it to be a street scraper.... yet..

Phil, Paid the reserve for it, guy paid £700 in Jan and has spent about another £400 on it so was a bit of a bargain...

Will keep an eye out for an interior as drivers seat's a little thed-bare... Will update the lights/indicators rear lights first...

Now I have a dilemma as I'm keeping the Rado (unlike some mods :lol: )... which car do I take to the shows? Guess it'll be weather dependant...

you soppy c*nt! finally got a cabby then mate :)

hadn't seen the polish/wax pics, very good job fella, makes you feel better about the old C when you get it shiney aye? :)

no turbo for the time being then Jon?

waiting on Jimmi, and the strange units he uses for measuring time! :lol:

you'll hear on MSN soon enough though, and then I can get to yours even quicker to play on that PS3!

bah, Phils car doesn't start half the time does it? :lol:

shouldn't be a problem beating him

blue swimming goggles and girls straw hat?

and what exactly is wrong with that? :lol:

So after 3 months of fighting the ruddy DVLA over where my V5 has gone...

Yes we have it, but were bogged own with new reg issues

Yes I can see we have it but not sure what's happened to it...

Sorry we haven't got it at all... You'll need to re-submit a V5, we'll send a letter to your old address in 2-3 weeks of recieveing this, and if we haven't had a reply after 4 weeks we'll issue a new V5!

"OH FFS!"

Went and spent 1.5 hrs queuing at local DVLA office and have a new tax disc and will have to waiti agin for V5 as only Swansea can do these :( . Also told I could either pay for the 3 months missing tax, or that their "enforcement" dept will be in touch about the fact it's not been taxed since end of March and not SORN'd either ... OH FFS2!

Still I now can leagally drive it again!

So apart from a very flat Battery, what else can I expect to be wrong when I try and wake it from it's slumber this weekend?