Sign in to follow this  
vwdeviant

My Pearl Ghey 16v Gone :( - Introducing "Annie"

gutted i missed out on those, didnt even see the gorup buy until yesterday! read the whole thread too! :( but they have transformed the car, nice one! looking really good!

gutted i missed out on those, didnt even see the gorup buy until yesterday! read the whole thread too! :( but they have transformed the car, nice one! looking really good!

Steve there's a web addy embedded in the last couple pages of the GB Thread... more information and they can be got from there...

Steve there's a web addy embedded in the last couple pages of the GB Thread... more information and they can be got from there...

cheers mate, just gave jj a call and im the only one wanting 7.5x17 5x100 at the moment so need to wait for 4 more sets to be ordered! :(

but still, light at the end of the tunnel and all that!

Sweeeeet. 8)

But are you trying to show us your shoe collection too? :lol:

haha Hoping you wouldn't notice the foot shots!

The Brown/White and Black Vans are me I admit.

The shoes and white trainers are Tallpaul1977 and Jonesmark12.

Few little updates:

First off at 7am my "Walker quality" back-box lived up to it's name and walked clean off the car with no warning, just rusted so thin on the pipe/box join it must have clean fractured, no warning blowing sound, just BAAAAAARRRR.... scrraaappe..

So quick call to Magnex and then a company called Roadrunner and the next day:

DSC00037.jpg

One Magnex Cat-bacl s/steel system...

Fitted next night at mates workshop, only took about 40 mins end to end (including putting the "famous" rear braket on upside down!), aided by the fact where the old system went into the Cat the "grease" the factory used still worked!

So some rather dark shots (taken at 2am that night when I finally got in, ahd a Caddy to lower that night too!)

DSC00042.jpg

DSC00039.jpg

All beded in and great and "grown up" sound, only slightly louder than factory, and a good "bark" when it's opened up!

Also had a quick play with some clay new polish on the bonnet:

DSC00043.jpg

DSC00055.jpg

Can't really pick it out on that, but it's sharpened up the edges of the reflections.

More recently have picked up a Good Late Black interior which will go in as soon as I can get a Late mirror switch and some late mirror/window harnesses. Just need to add a black carpet as well I guess. Will see when it's in.

Also bought some KR cams to go into the engine to free up a few more ponies now I have a decent flowing filter/exhaust system.

And BIG thanks to Billcor for selling me this:

456910-3.jpg will also come with a carbon cover too so can chose the look as I feel.

456910-2.jpg

Will get more photos done as the work progesses. But things on hold as I've just moved down to East London, and need to get my stuff down here with me (and a shed to put them all in!) Unfortunately the move here means I need to sell the 17's as the roads here are really really rubbish and if i don't get more sidewall I'll start losing my teeth to the potholes!

Some nice mods there Jon :thumbleft: Liking the Magnex, and the new steering wheel.

Unfortunately the move here means I need to sell the 17's as the roads here are really really rubbish and if i don't get more sidewall I'll start losing my teeth to the potholes!

Hmmm, so how much would you be asking? :nuts:

Hmmm, so how much would you be asking? :nuts:

Cheers am really impressed with the Magnex good quality and fitted almost straight on.

See my For sale thread dude! :wave:

LOL yeah right like Prod will buy them.

We live in Oxford too so drive on the same crappy roads! :roll:

Mate Compered to the roads here in Esat London, Oxford's pretty smooth! :lol:

I thought you lived in Headington :scratch:

I think he did...moved now though :)

I thought you lived in Headington :scratch:

I think he did...moved now though :)

Jon, no I lived near Aylesbury!

Just moved down to Beckton, near Docklands now though, closer to work!

BBS Steering wheel all fitted now... again many thanks to BILLCOR Top guy to deal with!

DSC00060.jpg

Leather just needs a good feeding but couldn't wait to get it into the car (yeah like a big kid!)

Still have to make my mind up between Carbon...

DSC00210.jpg

And the Wood-effect (which looks a bit too orange in my eyes)

DSC00211.jpg

BBS Steering wheel all fitted now... again many thanks to BILLCOR Top guy to deal with!

DSC00060.jpg

Still have to make my mind up between Carbon...

DSC00210.jpg

And the Wood-effect (which looks a bit too orange in my eyes)

DSC00211.jpg

looking good in carbon 8)

what Boss did you use btw,and what size socket?

BILL sent an Involante (sp?) mk2 boss which fitted nicely, and the socket was a 24mm (double checeked first with a 23mm wheel-brace socket though!).

May go and sling the wood one on when it stops raining (only 6 nuts to swop all accessable in situ) just to see...

love the look of the carbon one, i think the wood one might look good if you had cream leather or maybe even some wood effect in the car

Looking good there Jon, personally I think the carbon finish is much better 8)

Looking good there Jon, personally I think the carbon finish is much better 8)

Thanks Bill, had a few confusing moments fitting it, seems I had an extra "Bezel" left over, was easy once I had figured out the way it all went together, the keystone of that was accidently finding the BBS horn-push plate unscrews!

Quick Preview of why I'm now on the hunt for adaptors...

Rears:

DSCN0579.jpg

Fronts:

DSCN0580.jpg

Will need 30 and 25mm adaptors too!

How many sets of wheels make you a wheel whore? :confused4: :lol: