Sign in to follow this  
vwdeviant

My Pearl Ghey 16v Gone :( - Introducing "Annie"

Went back through some of the history that came with the car and there's a bill for HG work 30k ago!

Appears some-one did the HG without checking the head... :censored:

Now anyone got a good 9a dizzy to hand?

And some spare spoiler parts thanks to the little "darlings" using the spoiler as a handhold when running round the car looks like an internal mount's broken as it's lose on one side! :bad-words:

Other jobs include

Tracking and Camber re-alligned

Re-attach C/Locking wiring in Pass door after forgetting to do when swapping door cards :brickwall:

KR Cams (still in shed!)

Add Samcos and replace Long Heater pipes with new... (need P/Nos) and probably re-new bypass valve while I'm there!

Tidy up Headlight loom wiring (still)...

Get rear arm-rest mounts welded in...

Replace rear plate surround

Fix c/locking on boot

Save up for paintwork as I spent my accident money on head Gasket! :epicfail:

etc etc etc...

Well nowt's happened on the rado front in the past month or so, Jr and house hunting put paid to that!

However this morning, The "Ghey" has gone all French on me!

13082009167.jpg

Th Th's will be going off to BJV soon to be stripped and re-furbed in a "normal" colour, and then pressed into use as daily's as the better half will be using the Rado once we've moved up to Buckinghamshire...

Moving the weekend before Edition! :shock: :brickwall:

Well with the Rocco going today thought I can't be without at least 2 VW's ...

So here's "Annie" our Mk3 5-door 8v Anniversary....

DSC00629.jpg

More pics when it stops raining so about July then! :lol:

Not a Mk3 fan but thats really nice......as above the wheels transforms it.......good job :salute: (said in a very amercian acsent) !!

Very nice mate! Wheels really suit it 8)

Was it Yetis old'un?

It is indeed, I was hesitant about the MK5's but they do go well with it!

Loving 8v torque.. even with a "Lumpy stick" and powerchip in it...

But the missus not loving the 2-box Scopion exhaust.. :( And Think it may have to go for something quieter in the back as Jr will be there!

Update is.... Annie's dead... and almost set fire to it at 4am Thursday morning when I was hurrying to the hospital for the birth of our son! :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Fortunately left it off the drive so into the "Ghey" and first time started and off I zoomed... made it with just 20 minutes to spare before Mattias was born at 5am! (the missus was already there as she had to be induced!) :clap: :luvlove: :clap: :luvlove:

how strange that a Rado can be considered old faithful over a golf! :shrug:

Gutted about 'Annie', but massive congratulations for Mattias :D :D :D

Maybe it's re-inCARnation?? :lol:

Update on Annie, have the auto electrician out ATM and appears the starter motor's dead... found 5 small bits of white metal in it... but the bearing's fine and engine tuns by hand... so new s/motor and see how things go from there... Just waiting for him to come back with it...

Oh and word of warning for anyone doing a mk3 8v GTi starter... the bottom bolt runs through the front engine mount as we just discovered :brickwall: I'm off to fish out the trolley jack and axle stands from the shed now!

Well with a new Starter motor and solonoid, Annie's back up and running....

Only updates on the Pearl Ghey is that I managed to wipe off some more paint a few days ago... a result of 2 hrs sleep (Mattias needed walking at 4.30am), and then rushing to move the cars to get the bins out means I brushed the side of the house with the d/side wing/bumper! :brickwall:

Still only paint and not panel damage at the end of the day! Will have to get round to take it to a body shop and get it fixed at some point when my life calms down, say about 3 years or so? :lol:

Update on Annie, have the auto electrician out ATM and appears the starter motor's dead... found 5 small bits of white metal in it... but the bearing's fine and engine tuns by hand... so new s/motor and see how things go from there... Just waiting for him to come back with it...

Oh and word of warning for anyone doing a mk3 8v GTi starter... the bottom bolt runs through the front engine mount as we just discovered :brickwall: I'm off to fish out the trolley jack and axle stands from the shed now!

:lol: Annie never dies, a shame the cold monster decided it was that mrning to kill the starter motor though - could have been kind and waited a while!

yep was my old one, it had to go and Vinnie needed a family wagon so it was perfect for the job... o and it looked alot better than that old piccy....

Been a few months since I updated anything about the "Ghey", and unfortunately this will be one of my last posts here as I took a deposit on her last weekend from Hewes (noobie on here). :cry:

Took her out for the MOT today and remembered just why I love this car so damn much! I'll truely miss here when she goes to her new home this weekend!

Joe, you better look after her!

I'll probably be back at some point... and will still lurk on here from time to time... :grin:

In the meantime I'm seeing if I can organise the next Toy.. which will be a true "timewarp" for me... :norty:

In the meantime I'm seeing if I can organise the next Toy.. which will be a true "timewarp" for me... :norty:

Is it Richard O'Brian in a big old castle?

:camp:

Its just a jump to the left....

:camp:

Its just a jump to the left....[/quote:tpc9chr1]

And then a step to the Ri-i-i-i-i-i-i-ight...

Anyway MOT sorted today so she's deffo going Saturday! :(

Well the end of this era came at about 11am this morning when Joe (Hewes) picked her up... :cry:

Enjoy her Joe, and look after her! Look forward to seeing the updates you're planning! :salute: