Sign in to follow this  
Crooky

Running temps with a FMIC

Hey peeps! 8)

I know by now that the gauges on the G60 Corrado are a little less than helpfull! So i was using my MFA computer thingy to check some of the figures i was running....... I have a rallye intercooler installed too.

For running temp i was on about 98-100 degrees centigrade but when pulling up in traffic and sitting still at idle for a while it would rise to as much as 108!!!!!!!!

So.......

I took off the front grill which is stupidly useless for aiding air flow!!! and ran the car on a half hour journey..........

Running temps were between 92-96 and at idle hit 100........ I cant believe how the front grill restricts air flow so much to the point of a 7 degree difference in engine heat!!!!!!

Do my running temps sound worrying or odd??? I know its a supercharged car and therefore may run hotter but i havent a scooby doo what to go by????!

Alex

I will be moving the horns and black meshing the gap to tidy it a little for sure!!! Where is the best place to refit the horns??

Do my temps sound ok or should i get it checked out??

Alex

on some cars the horns were down in the right hand side just behind the bumper...

Running temps sound about right to be honest... nothing to get worried about there... 8)

108's fine. No probs. You only worry because it sounds high and most other cars don't have this functionailty to monitor oil temp. Once you get going again and air starts to flow over the cooler the temps will soon fall. :)