Sign in to follow this  
fazgti

Doors wont open

Did try and do a search but didnt get much!

Anyway, lent the c to the gf and when it came back, would you believe it both doors wont open, the alarm is still working fine as are the door pins but the drivers door wont open at all but if you climb through the boot you can get the pass. open

any ideas, cant get the door card off obviously, could it be anything to do with weather (pissing hard all day)

Hi

So the passenger door does not open from the outside but you can open it from the inside.

This is a classic co door handle problem.

From the forum you can buy a strengthened bit that snaps inside the door handle mechanism. Its an easy repair.

Hi

So the passenger door does not open from the outside but you can open it from the inside.

This is a classic co door handle problem.

From the forum you can buy a strengthened bit that snaps inside the door handle mechanism. Its an easy repair.

That'll be me.

How much is th repair kit dave and what about the drivers door, guess i will just have to rip off the door card

Right fixed the doors, passenger one had streched so it tightend up the cable and the drivers door latch was not clicking propery into place

It's fine now but how do i make sure it does'nt happen again because i ruined the doorcard to fix it this time

hey there, just reading through, ive got the same problem with both my door handles, have to climb through the boot to get into the car :oops: , went to a few places around my area but the closest i got was 80 quid for the entire doorhandle assembly, just wondering where u got your parts from mate?

Right another problem, the door will not lock on the drivers side since i fiddled with the latch but if you adjust it you then cannot open the door at all, what can i do?

fazgti, afraid that's got me scratching my head. Best I can do is bump this again so hopefully someone of more use will come along.

G60-NeedMoorePoower, I'd heartily recommend getting at least one of Dave's kits in if you are on the original handles. My driver's one went and Dave's kit sorted it. At some point I'll have to get one in for the passenger side, since that will eventually go too.

I agree with the above. Loads of folk on here have used daves16v repair kits and have nothing but good things to say. Thats the route i'll be taking when mine eventually throw their hands in.