Sign in to follow this  
delfinis38

Corrado Ownership

I've owned my V6 since 1998, when she was 2 years old. She currently done 41K so had no major problems so to speak off. I've put a new battery in, front abs sensor and front discs and pads on and a set of rear pads, and she on her second set of tyres. apart from that she as she left the factory

So what are the common problems i've got to look forward too and at what sort of millage do bushes, engine parts etc.... need replacing.

TIA

mines done 110k now and starts and runs like a dream the only problem i've had so far is the ABS has had a new pump and 1 wheel sensor but is sweet as a nut now

My 1991 G60's done 127k and still runs sweet.

Ive had a few probs in the last months with the door handle striker arms going, but theyre easy enough to fix with new ones off ebay. The old pins are a swine to drill/bore out though.

My subframe was rusted through and after some heavy winds i ran over a bit of tree quite quickly and it snapped the bolts and then sheared off the mounting on the n/s, that knocked the drive shaft outa place, lost all the g/box oil and left the whole wheel assembly/suspension hanging loose and crushed against the rear of the wheel arch :-(

Had to have new subframe, drive shaft, gaitor, clips, anti-roll bar not to mention getting it shifted onto a low loader so my nice 90mm splitter is now trashed where he dragged it on.

More my bad luck i think though than a major problem with the rado.

In the same weekend, my bro's 2.0 16v gave up on the dual carriageway cos of the seal on the dizzy breaking up and oil seeping in.

no more probs so far..... but theres always the drive home!!!

My 1991 G60's done 127k and still runs sweet.

Ive had a few probs in the last months with the door handle striker arms going, but theyre easy enough to fix with new ones off ebay. The old pins are a swine to drill/bore out though.

NO NO NO - don't buy them off ebay, mine are better, you know who you're buying from (sort of) and I give great after sales support :D

You've got another 80k left before any problems, lol.

In all honesty though, with that mileage as long as you look after the engine it should be fine!

For a lot of things, in particular rubber or plastic items such as seals, hoses belts, suspension bushes etc., age is at least as relevant as mileage. So just because you have very low mileage, don't neglect routine inspection of such items.

Best wishes

RB

biggest grip on mine is balljoints that are made of cheese, pulled to the left when I bought it, replaced balljoints from gsf and this was fixed, one year down the line the problem has started to come back....

If your tyres are more than a few years old, then check them for fine cracks, as the rubber will dry out. Tyre dressing will help them last longer. I have a feeling mine will probably crack up before they wear out. Seems a shame to bin tyres with good tread left though :(

Phil

NO NO NO - don't buy them off ebay, mine are better, you know who you're buying from (sort of) and I give great after sales support

If only Id have known!! Im a newbie please forgive me :-)

I must admit the instructions and postage time off ebay were terrible and ive still not managed to get the old shim pins out.

NO NO NO - don't buy them off ebay, mine are better, you know who you're buying from (sort of) and I give great after sales support

If only Id have known!! Im a newbie please forgive me :-)

I must admit the instructions and postage time off ebay were terrible and ive still not managed to get the old shim pins out.

Ok you're forgiven but you WILL know better next time :wink:

Give me a shout if you need help with the handle.

^^ That's what you get for buying cheap parts from GSF i'm afraid mate :)

yup, going to send them all a cowboy hat i think, also probably the most unhelpful company when you phone...

I brought my 93 VR6 with 93K after it had been stood for 8+ months, had no shine to the paintwork and dirt/ green mold everywhere, it would stall when coasting to a stop, all i had to do was clean the air flow meter with electric contact cleaner from maplins and its been perfect since!(touch my wood).