Sign in to follow this  
lottysvdub

air flow meter

hi guys i own a 2ltr 16v and my question is does anyone know if you can get the cork gasket that sits between the meter unit itself and the plastic housing of the top of the air box , im sure mine is drawing air as if i spray carb cleaner around the gasket the reves increase indicating a air leak ,

is it possible to buy it on its own or am i looking at a complete airflow meter and how much is that going to be :( :(

fantastic news thank you supercharged i had contemplated the make my own gasket option corradovr6-n.o.s but if i can buy it then it would save a shed load of greaf , thanks again guys :D

ordered the right gasket today from vw totaling £5.30 inclusive of vat , should have it on wednesday , how cool , will fit it wednesday night and let you know how it goes :D

ok today i fitted the new gasket , the old one looks like its been drawing air in for some time , problem is car still running very bad , hunting for a tick over speed and wont rev at all , sprayed more carb cleaner alaround air flow meter and revs pick up , air leak some were ,also if i rest my mixture adjustment tool in to the adjustment hole and tilt it back the idle speed clears and seems to run ok so im now thinking that the air flow meter is worn out , would anyone agree with me and has any one got a decent 2nd hand unit that they want to sell if not anyone got any ideas were i can get a new unit with out taking out a bank loan to pay for it LOL

can anyone confirm that the airflow meter of a golf / passat is going to fit as i feel i may have more luck locating a second hand one of these rather than just limiting it to a corrado search ? :?

right guys having looked in to this problem so deep i need a telescope to see my way out again i feel a right twat :oops: , my system is actualy a TYPE G KE MOTRONIC system , how stupid do i feel , i wonder if thats why all the breakers and distributors ive contacted dont have one :silly: , duuh duuh duuh what a prat i am :iamwithstupid: