Sign in to follow this  
Timo.

MOT failure

Dont even own the bloomin thing anymore and its still causing problems.

The new owner of my Corrado is having problems with a garage failing the Rado because the rumber grommet on one of the front brakes pipes is split.

I'm talking about the same rubber grommet that holds brake pipe onto the strut so it doesn't flap about.

Now I can see, quite clearly (read the thread about the brake line wearing out), why they have failed it the first time. The new owner has used zip ties or something to secure it, but they have failed it again.

I think he has had a good argument with them about it too. Now as it stands we came to an arrangement that some of the money for my car was held back until it passed its Mot. It already has a valid MOT till the end of July, but the new owner (who is pretty much a friend of mine) wanted a full year.

At the moment its looking like I'll be paying to fix it. Needless to say I'm not too chuffed at that. He is looking to replace the whole brake pipe which is just rediculous as it is a tiny bit of rubber that's letting the side down.

Does anyone know if you can get the rubber grommet by itself??

The rubber grommet has split in half, I know because I noticed it quite a while back. I pushed the two ends back together and it was fine. I would assume some glue would do the trick but this garage sounds like it is taking the p$ss.

Help me save my money!

P.S. My car has the 312mm conversion.

T.

Thats a valid reason for failure becuase it could rub against the strut...

New flexi is £10 and takes 5 mins for a garage to change - just tell him to get them to do a fluid change and fit that - it's a 12+ year old car FFS!

Thats a valid reason for failure becuase it could rub against the strut...

New flexi is £10 and takes 5 mins for a garage to change - just tell him to get them to do a fluid change and fit that - it's a 12+ year old car FFS!

Yup, I know.

I think the garage has mentioned 100 bucks to him. Sling yer F$%king hook springs to mind.

Just been hunting on the web. Brake pipes are less than a tenner like you say. At this rate I'll be doing it myself.

T.

Mine failed last year.

See here

Stainless hoses and no rubber bits.Ii used a length or soft silicone hose. Sliced it length ways Zip tied that to the line where it curved over then Zip tied over the soft rubber to my new struts.. Passed no prob.

They are really picky now. nightmare.

That what I said to him. That'll cost another MOT rather than a retest, which he has managed to get free because he knows the receptionist.

Its just a joke now. They are taking the mick. I think he's replacing the rubber grommet.