Sign in to follow this  
GazzaG60

end of the road

bad news on the corrado front.

after 6 years of ownership car is destroyed. a kind person decided to do a U turn from a parked position in the road in front of me. car is hurt real bad. wing inner wing bumper, etc its gonna be a write-off

so thats the end of the engine story so far. the kit i collected is being sold on to persons who can make better use of them. im keeping the defi stuff and wideband, majority of the rest is for sale.

let me know if you require any parts for a G60 or 16vt.

Oh you must be gutted

I've only owned mine since sat but would already kill someone if they hurt it.

Sorry for ya loss

ouch. I had a taxi do the same to me in my old astra (im sure youre all smiling) and it sent me into a load of parked cars on other side of the road! 5 write-offs in one go :-(

If youve got a 68mm pulley or toothed kit etc. for a G60 would deff. be interested. I need more boost.....and petrol

Man, that's totally gash. It amazes me that so many people don't know what mirrors are for.

Sympathies for your plight. I imagine I'd tear at my hair and stamp on my rabbit.

im not best pleased to say the least.

i have spent around 18 months getting together parts and building engines only for the rug to be pulled from under my feet.

i could have had another corrado but id be in the same situation as i was needing a race spec head and at least a diff in the 6 speed box to have a chance of holding it together so no more corrado for me.

i shouted at her once. called her an idiot but she was so shook up i couldn't really say much. if i had have managed to avoid her then i would have fired a few fucks into her then but that would have been a different tale.

Im not leaving the ideas of fast cars and projects behind me. as i say i am keeping the defi stuff and wideband. and the turbo for my next money pit.

let me know if you require any parts for a G60 or 16vt.

Wing Mirrors. I need a pair. can pm me when you get the chance.

571 plus vat for a front bumper.

lights inner, outer wing

front panel

fog, indicator

headlamp

wheel arch liners

G60 intercooler.

repair fitting and paint.

ive just bought a 95 Audi S2 anyway so onward and upward. still sticking to 4 valve turbo. looking to crack the 500 whp mark in a year or so.

its a shame and i wish it wouldn't have happened but shit happens.

if i could keep her and put her back on the road i would. wanna see as much of this project through as possible and hoping a mate is gonna take most of the 16vt parts off me and continue to make a tyre shredder.

thanks for the comments guys. if i can ever help out i will try to do so.

Argh - there seems to be a lot of this going on at the minute :( Sorry to hear about this mate :(

Sue the silly bint for uninsured losses for a start, it will be a civil matter but take the bint to the clearers.

id rather get it cleared up and over with. not too into having this type of stuff outstanding.

i think by the time i have sold all the bits i have etc i will have paid for the S2 anyway. the insurance on the S2 is also cheaper than the G60 so maybe one good thing out of it.

ill miss the corrado though. many times the underdog and almost as many the victor.

ah feck Gaz... that's a total sh!tter.... :cry:

Glad you're OK though... As Nige says, sue for uninsured losses mate... clear case that it's not your fault so you'll get the insurance payout straight away to put into another car, but you should sue for the lost work, time and effort put into the car which will drag on a while, but you'll already have had the payout for the initial loss and just be going for more money to make up for the loss of your one of a kind ( ;) ) car...

I know that if the driver of the car that pulled out in front of me and wrote J-DUB off hadn't of lied her tits off in her statement, that's exactly what I'd have done... ;)