Sign in to follow this  
Stan 24v

Dodgy steering - 4mo

Sorry for posting golf stuff on here, but it seems that this is where Im still getting the most answers 8) So youre all your own worst enemy :lol:

Anyway,

Had some knocking and light understeer on the 4mo. Initially thought it was the wishbones knackered, so changed them and the bal joints last week. They were all fooked!!

However, it doesnt seem to have cured the knocking - Only happens on rough roads or on potholes/speed bumps etc.

Also, it feels really light at certain points when turning, especially at low speeds. When I hit a drain or the like it feels really light and pulls to the side a bit too.

The car has 130k, and I reckon most of the suspension parts have too. Any ideas where to go next?

Not sure mate, thats why Im asking. Hoping to get some new shocks from Coxy, so wondering what else to change at the same time? I'll do the top mounts, but what else?

I'll do the top mounts, but what else?

Bump stops and I'd imagine at that mileage the shocks if they are still original.

Its getting MOT'd on Thursday, so I'll wait for them to tell me whats wrong, and then source the parts. Had a look at the drop links today and there is a fair amount of play in them, not sure how much theres supposed to be though??

might have a few of those lying around.

sounds like this 4mo has had a hard life? or just not been looked after.

Its got most history, but not sure its been that well looked after. I paid less than £4k though, so was expecting to add some to it.

If you have got them I could do with them asap mate, let me know ;)