Sign in to follow this  
quartzgreyrado

Saggy Headlining

Removed my headlining to try and reglue it to the backing as it had come adrift from the backing. Glued it with spray adhesive but it only lasted a few days before it started to sag again. What makes it worse is that my car has no sunroof and the material has nothing to keep it in place from the back of the roof to the front. Anyone out there got a grey headlining that doesnt sag ( non sunroof ) Failing that I would try a beige or black headlining. Thanks :mad:

Try to get your hands on some Bostik 1GA186.

Its a heat resistant contact adhesive, we use it to stick the alcantara headlining to its backing in our Limo's, tried and tested and it works. :wink:

Yeah, you'll need to find a way of fixing it, or havinga another one made up.

There were very few rados produced with no sunroof so finding one that's being broken is going to be hard

You might want to try some carpet spray adhesive - can get it from hardware stores and its pretty strong. About a fiver for a can.

If its anything like the lining in a mk2 it was the foam which had fallen apart. I tried the spray adhesive but the foam was like dust and just kept falling apart again. Maybe liberally cover the hard backing with pva to soak through all the dead foam then stick the fabric back on? Sold the car before I sorted mine out so only a guess, started coming away from the windscreen end.

Thanks for all the tips guys. Will try and find that adhesive someone mentioned. I agree with you all, don't think I have seen another Corrado without a sunroof ( and it doesn`t have electric windows either, just the old manual jobs ! ) Thanks again.

If the foam is all flaky, get a roll of the stuff from an upholsterers and stick that on in this layers (maybe 2 or three). Then stick the whole lot back.

Yeah, think that is the problem. The foam stuff is all crumbling which means the adhesive has nothing to grip. Do the later Corrados have this foam as they don`t seem to suffer from this problem. Or is it that sunroof models have the sunroof trim to stop them sagging ? Hmm will need to think my next step cos don`t want to put the headlining in and all the trims only to have to remove them all again !! Thanks for all your input.