Sign in to follow this  
Stan 24v

Need a MAF? Check this place out!

http://www.airmassmeters.com/

Ive just ordered a new MAF today for the 4mo, and its cost me £48 posted!!! Its just the sensor itself, rather than the housing, so I get to change it myself just like all the other suppliers do. Bargain 8)

The air mass meter is located in the engine compartment usually adjacent to the air filter assembly. If you are going to clean the engine compartment of your car and it has a air mass meter, be sure to avoid getting water or degreaser on or around the air flow meter. The air mass meter or sometimes called the air flow meter is used to determine the airflow that is being delivered to your engine. The air mass meter does this by sending an electronic signal to the cars ECU, and so sends the correct signal to the fuel injectors that regulate the amount of fuel that is delivered to the engine.

If you are experiencing a hesitation on acceleration or a poor idle, this may be the result of a bad air mass meter. The best way to determine if you need a new air flow meter is to check the computer diagnostic codes. If you are experiencing a repeated failure of your air flow meter this may be due to the fact that you have an aftermarket performance air filter that uses an oil based filter element. This in some cases will damage the mass airflow sensors on newer cars. There are a few major manufacturers of airflow and air mass meters including; Bosch, Delco, Denso and Siemens

Air Mass Meters usually fail as a result of water or dirt particles entering the intake tube, therefore it is important to ensure regular cleaning/replacement of the air filter is adhered to.

The most common symptoms you will have from a bad air mass meter are low performance and inconsistent or rough idle.

We will need the NUMBER that is on your air flow meter or the MAIN DEALER PART NUMBER to be able to match up and supply you with the correct one and quote you a price.

Some of our air flow/air mass meters have a 3 year warranty.

On some air flow meters we can supply just the inserted sensor.

This only applies to the Bosch types.They are really easy to fit just pull of the plug undo the two torx security screws, pull out the sensor and replace with the new one.

Stan,

I thought that the sensor wire was supposed to be self-cleaning, gets heated up to some phenominal temp on shutdown....I occasionally have problems when i throttle back, and hit the accelerator hard in 2nd gear.....but no messages of gloom on Vagcom, and have thought about replacement....at that price it's worth a punt !

They don't all have wires, only the earlier cars have hot wire MAF.

And no matter what the design, they can all fail.