ziderapple

Fun on the dunes :-D

Thanks for all the positive comments guys. Didnt get a chance to do anything tonight, had to visit a breakers after work, I managed to snap the power steering hose, I was undoing the banjo bolt on the power steering pump, wasnt looking and the metal pipe twisted and broke the end off :mad2:

Very expensive part too (mind you isnt every VW part...?), the one I picked up was off a mk3 Golf VR6 and looks slightly different, however the front part is the same so if needs be I'll cut the section out i need and use some high pressure oil hose and some clips to join them together.

I really need to get this mechanically done this week as I'm off to Greece for 5/6 days on sunday for work, so need to get it on its way to have downpipe done on saturday or it'll hold me up by a week or more. Nothing like abit of pressure!! :nuts: Guy who's doing the wiring is happy to arrange moving the car around for me while I'm away - he's got a mate with a flat bed, who's pretty cheap. So if my plan works out, get it all in and bolted up this week, get it trailered to exhaust place sat, fly out to Athens on sun, back by friday and collect my running 24v C on sat... :D

Still plenty that can go wrong, but I've got a positive outlook! Will post pics of any progress as soon as it happens. When its all done I'll post a break down of all the costs involved for those thinking about doing it - really not as bad as you'd think, wish I'd done this before trying to rebuild my VR...

Will get some more pic's up soon. The saturday it was supposed to be getting taken to have the downpipe sorted didnt go so well. The plastic cap that holds the oil filter in had been done up by the hulk, so broke when I tried to remove it, the plastic gear linkage retainer also got broken, it also pissed down all day which really didnt help, then the next day I went to Greece for a week, came back, and since I have been working in Nottingham, and will be there all this week too!

I did get a chance to do some work on it today. I sorted out all the cooling hoses, extended the wire for the aux water pump, made a nice job of the servo hose, replaced the powersteering hose and fixed into place, got the driveshafts bolted up and put the front end back on. All I've got to do now is fill up with oil, water/coolant, power steering fluid and ship her out for downpipe and wiring. I am now aiming for the end of the month to have all the work completed as the tax is up now, so I will tax it ready for the 1st of may.

My bonnet is now also closing fine without having to chop any of it away. I just need to get one last bit sorted, which is the breather from the rocker cover to the inlet pipe. Cant wait to take it for a spin!

No progress pics yet, but I took this one the other day which I quite like. Love my RX's :D

lovemyRXshehe.jpg

Right click, save..

You dont hang around, look forward to seeing this when its all done and dusted..

Well, still not finished as I've had three weeks in Nottingham, and on sunday I fly to Germany for a week, so next couple of weeks isnt looking good for completetion - however saturday is reserved for finishing my work before exhaust......but I placed an order for a car today.....

Okay, its a company car - but is legally mine due to the way our company runs the scheme.

It's VAG. Is a hatch. 2.0l. 6 speed. 170bhp. 228 lb/ft. 18". Dual zone air con. :D

Is it a beige squareback polo? :wink:

When do you think the rado will be making it's first public appearance then?

Well, still not finished as I've had three weeks in Nottingham, and on sunday I fly to Germany for a week, so next couple of weeks isnt looking good for completetion - however saturday is reserved for finishing my work before exhaust......but I placed an order for a car today.....

Okay, its a company car - but is legally mine due to the way our company runs the scheme.

It's VAG. Is a hatch. 2.0l. 6 speed. 170bhp. 228 lb/ft. 18". Dual zone air con. :D

A4 2.0 170 TDi Avant.

I've got one as my daily hack.

hoping the rado will be making an appearance soon, been off the road too bloody long now. just need some time at home without it pissing down to carry on, really is trivial stuff to finish now, like putting oil in it and refitting head lights and grille.

Not a squareback :( No longer avaliable.

Not an Audi, and certianly not an avant as I've already said its a hatch :wink:

hoping the rado will be making an appearance soon, been off the road too bloody long now. just need some time at home without it pissing down to carry on, really is trivial stuff to finish now, like putting oil in it and refitting head lights and grille.

Not a squareback :( No longer avaliable.

Not an Audi, and certianly not an avant as I've already said its a hatch :wink:

Come over to the O-town bro! we can chat thermodynamics and fix each other's cars! God knows I could do with some incentive! :brickwall:

Glad your'e making progress buddy, mine's moving at a snails pace, collecting more powder coated bits tomorrow for which I've been waiting for months. It's inside now though at last...

I work so much better when there is someone else there to talk to and lend a hand, no matter how small. Thermodynamic discussion whilst working on the rado.. hmmm, subject matter- entropy. :nuts: Forgotten loads of it now, been having fun lately deriving formulae using non-dimensional analysis.

Chris, glad yours is coming along, albeit slowly, any progress is good, to be honest the weather lately hasnt helped me much.

Here she is, in all her glory, booked in next week to have downpipe and wiring done, so next weekend, fingers crossed I'll finally be taking it out. :clap:

Image107.jpg

Image105.jpg

Image100.jpg

Shorterned servo pipe - quite neat I thought.

Image108.jpg

Finally got round to fitting my show plates, think they tidy it up, just need to apply the red tint film to the rear lights.

Image096.jpg

Excuse cheapo air filter, want to have a better look around before buying a decent one - should do the job for now though.

Getting really excited, plus its my 25th birthday next friday!!...... but I'm trying not to get too carried away, with the luck I've had I'm half expecting for something to go wrong. ........nah it'll be fine :D

Hey apple,

I head there's this elite tuning place over in Oxfordtownshire that you should go to... yeah... it's really great.

and stuff.

so you should go.

:grin: