ziderapple

Fun on the dunes :-D

I had the fluctuating RPM needle too. Put your mobile on the dash, in front of the clocks and ring it. If the needle goes all over the shop then you may need to get new clocks as the shielding inside malternativel check the wires leading to it. I had some new (2nd hand) clocks fitted to mine and it cured.

I tried this and it didnt do the above. The idle was staying high after a good blast then slowly dropping to the proper level - I discovered that if I pulled the pedal up when it was doing it - that the idle immediately returned to normal, quick spray with some WD-40 and its sorted. 8)

I absolutely love driving it now, however I think its time to move it on.....

Chris, good choice in the vRS. Fantastic engine! 8)

Why are you thinking of selling the C?

I know it seems madness, but its mainly due to personal / financial reasons. I have recently split with a long term girlfriend, which as meant moving back home with my parents. Nothing against them, but I'm 25 - I need my own place. I was renting before but have decided I want to buy in the new year, so its time to start saving, shedding out goings and clearing stupid debts. I dont want to sell it, but it makes sense. I'll be at ED38 with it, so people can have a good nosey around it.

Unsure of what to ask for it. I'm in no hurry to sell but would let it go if someone made me a good offer.

Andy, am loving the vRS at the moment, but it dosnt put a smile on my face like the C - its addictive to drive as is the induction noise. :)

I know it seems madness, but its mainly due to personal / financial reasons. I have recently split with a long term girlfriend, which as meant moving back home with my parents. Nothing against them, but I'm 25 - I need my own place. I was renting before but have decided I want to buy in the new year, so its time to start saving, shedding out goings and clearing stupid debts. I dont want to sell it, but it makes sense. I'll be at ED38 with it, so people can have a good nosey around it.

Unsure of what to ask for it. I'm in no hurry to sell but would let it go if someone made me a good offer.

Andy, am loving the vRS at the moment, but it dosnt put a smile on my face like the C - its addictive to drive as is the induction noise. :)

Oh dude, don't do it! After what happened with the V9, for you to move on to the 24v and then sell so soon. :(

I do understand the situation you are in though, I also split with a long term gf when I was 25 and had to do the whole parents thing. Its why I now live in London instead of Southampton, so some good came from it. :grin: I'm 29 now and I still don't own my own gaff, I rent a room from a mate (helping him pay his mortgage which I'm OK with). I was thinking of buying recently too but have decided to put it on hiatus while the economy and the housing market decides what it wants to do. Do you have any mates you could do a flatshare with or maybe buy together?

I remember you saying you maybe wanted to move to London, well you better start saving if you want to buy anything reasonable mate, prices here are unbelievable. :camp:

But basically I think you should hold off for a while, give it 6 months or so for you to see what situation you are in. Don't rush into selling all your stuff in desperation to move out and if you don't want to run the C you could always SORN it and save yourself some more money whilst still holding onto your toy. If you still need the cash later on then sell it, I reckon being a 24v it will hold onto its value.

My 2p.

Lot of sense spoken there.... hmmm.

I may hang onto it yet, just think I'd be very very tempted if someone made me a good enough offer. Would be gutted to see it go, a mate drove it yesterday and was blown away by it - he is used to aircooled dubs though so maybe hes easily pleased, but he said I'd be mad to sell it.

How much do you think its worth guys?

Bonnet has usual stonechips, bumper has a few marks - no scuffs.

Suspension could do with some work - set of coilovers, new top mounts and wishbone bushes would sort it nicely.

Other than that everything works fine, loads of life left in clutch - its only done about 4000 miles and is all genuine VAG. Sunroof packed up the other day but this will be fixed before its sold. Engine is, as you'd expect sweet. Black leather, blah blah blah.....

not seen your car since santa pod last year chris but i'd think £6k with sorted suspension and the wheels you've got etc.. got to be at least £2k of value in the conversion i reckon.

ooh thank you mr duke, the value I had in my mind was a fair bit lower to be honest. I had forgotten to mention wheels before, three are immaculate one with a couple of marks and four excellent Eagle F1's - like new.

I'll see what people think at ed38.

certainly not less than 5 anyway, thats what it would cost someone to recreate if not doing it themselves i reckon.

Yeah, I'd agree with £5K, certainly no lower. But the market's not good at the moment, so it depands on how desperately you need to sell and how quickly. How much did Stan get for his 24v when he sold it last year?

put a for sale sticker in it at ed38 for £6.5k ono, i would expact your car to fetch at least 5.5k. i think stan sold he's for 6.5k last year.

see ya saturday Chris.

I need a new project...

Oh and I may have spent the last weekend with the jumper thief - she wont give it back though, so I nicked something of hers... :wink:

Was gonna give you a shout as I was up in Northampton for the w/end, but I dont have your number.

No chance of a ride in this over Oxford way then... :sad:

Hmm. Maybe, I might be going back up to Northampton soon so could prob tie it in with a visit via Oxford. Only thing is the insurance expired a few days ago. I'll prob need to renew it though in order to sell it, plus I want to drive it abit more before it goes.

so... yeah! :clap:

I sold mine for £5800 mate with eibachs and koni ta's, magnex, and the engine. The rest was standard, including the speedlines.

Goldie, I was going to let the wheels go with the car.. may sell seprately but it would mean getting my hands on a good set of speedies with decent tires for not too much, otherwise its just hassle for not alot of extra £.

Thanks for the info Stan. Shame we're in the midst of a credit crunch and general slump in C prices. Think I'll advertise at just over 5k.

I've just seen an ad for a VR for sale here in Dubai. :D

Just sent an email asking for some pictures and more details. It was only two days ago I saw an ad for a Mk1 Golf Cabby too.. I'm pretty sure they're like rocking horse poo here.

Watch this space...