Sign in to follow this  
stevef182

how much have YOU spent???

Not totalled up the corrado...But i spent 10k on the mk1 (not including buying it) and its now a bare shell :shock:

:shock:

Reckon I've easily spent over £12K on my G60... :oops:

However, I do now have a complete one and a nearly complete one after the accident for that money! :lol:

must have spent about £5000 on it so far, but when i pull it out of the workshop in a couple of months i reckon it going to be more like £10000. i now feel ill.

Rado - 19.5K in 1998

Oooo Not spent a lot on parts so far

couple of wheel bearings and a ABS sensor

front Discs and pads

and a set of tyres and a battery.

wind screen wiper blades

running costs and general service every year.

that's it and still like new

Daren't add it all up properly, but around £10k in 3 years. Gulp.

Mine started off fairly cheap really

Discs and pads

Rear calipers

Brake lines

Then niggly bits like:

side bolster trim

Headlights

But now im engine is knackered, so its big money time!

its a lot of money isnt it! but worth it i reckon! got to spend it on something, might as well be something i really enjoy! thats what i keep telling myself anyways! :lol:

Seriously though, in answer to the original question then not counting the latest round of renovation and upgrades which are atypical and would skew the results, over the last 125 months and 114k miles, my Corrado has, on average, cost £541 per year in servicing and repairs, £114 per year in tyres, £1,300 per year in petrol and £1,776 per year in depreciation.

Full breakdown at http://www.pistonheads.com/members/showcar.asp?carId=128

Since i bought the car 2 months ago ive spent my time fixing it, ive piled about £700 into it, gone over my overdraft limit by £150. I haven't driven the car in about a month and a half, the only miles ive put on the clock was the day i bought it driving it home.

Its had a full top end rebuild and loads of new little bits. Just about to do the thermostat and water pump tommorrow. Then im selling it. For less than what i bought it for. My first corrado experience has been a nightmare, never again for at least a few years...im off to buy a £250 ford with tax and run it on sunflower oil for a few thousand miles.

...As Lemar once said, "Is there any justice in this world?"

Mine is about to cost me its first really serious money. Booked it into Stealth for the beginning of April to have chains and clutch done (needing the latter rather more!) but Vince said that since it was a 99% certainty that it would need the head doing as well, might as well get that done.

I was budgeting for £800 odd but it's now going to be £1400! Still, given that it's running pretty soundly now, this is about spending money to see that it heads towards older age in good shape.

Mine is about to cost me its first really serious money. Booked it into Stealth for the beginning of April to have chains and clutch done (needing the latter rather more!) but Vince said that since it was a 99% certainty that it would need the head doing as well, might as well get that done.

I was budgeting for £800 odd but it's now going to be £1400! Still, given that it's running pretty soundly now, this is about spending money to see that it heads towards older age in good shape.

Ah yes, Vince's special package deal. He offered that to me too. The rationale is that the clutch and chains have a lot of common labour (that is a given and well-known) but at the age when you're doing that then the valve stems and valve seals probably need doing, and there is common labour there too, so he has the head off to do those too. If you're staying Naturally Aspirated then you'll probably want a steel head gasket too as it raises the compression slightly but if you do then you'll probably need a remap too.

And you may be tempted, like I was, to think "hold on, if the head is off anyway and I'm having a remap anyway then I could change the cams as it would be labour-free".

It gets expensive quite quickly. :)

Edit: Mr Sands - You do know that the £1,400 is ex VAT, don't you? So that's actually £1,645

Yes, indeed I do. Would love to change the cams too but with the additional unexpected financial whack, I'm going to be troubling the red zone enough as it is.

Still, if it's got to be done etc.

far too much to think about. In fact I dont actually want to think about it cuz I might cry lol

But saying that I had to put it bcak together and I got it cheap so probably not too far off from everyone else

My car cost me £3500 2 years ago, i have spent atleast that again on all the engine mods and other stuff i have bought for it! so i am prob looking at around £7k roughly over the 2 years of ownership... :roll: may seem alot but its my hobbie! Brings a smile to my face, which i think is priceless lol :lol: