Sign in to follow this  
half-9

Diavia A/C units

Hi,

I just got off the phone with someone at ReaderAir - they reckon Diavia A/C units are no longer available for my 1991 Corrado G60.

Is there anywhere else that does them?

Cheers

Hamza

Do what I did and install a cimatronic system from a broken Passat or similar, you'll end up with a better system for the same level of pain!

Do what I did and install a cimatronic system from a broken Passat or similar, you'll end up with a better system for the same level of pain!

You make it sound so easy :lol:

I'd also like to install aircon or climatronic, but wouldn't have a clue where to start :?

On the same subject but not the same question...

Ive got the system in mine but need a new relay, any suggestion s for the best place to source parts???

You make it sound so easy :lol:

I'd also like to install aircon or climatronic, but wouldn't have a clue where to start :?

The actual mechanical install is no big deal, OK it's dash out and a bit of bulkhead surgery to get the big bits in but the Passat VR6 pipework etc all laid in place nicely. Removing the carbon canister gave me room to fit the drier canister in place and the vacuum accumulator squeezed in behind the horns after I'd moved them forwards a little. The compressor bracket is already there, another bolt on job. The condenser was a bit tight as I had to carve the front panel up a bit and move the rad back until the fan almost touches the inlet manifold but there's no rocket science involved.

Oh, and then there's the wiring, that was the biggest challenge as you'll really need the original VAG wiring diagrams to figure it all out.

Patience, a week off work and access to a second car are all that's needed :lol:

Spoke to ReaderAir again & asked very nicely if they would be able to (as a one off) produce the kit.

They might do it if there is more interest in them doing this than just me.

How many other people might be interested? - potential group buy?

Cheers

Hamza

Hmmm - there is a hell of alot to the kit on the G60 - if you add up the prices of all the major parts needed on ETKA it comes to about 4k Retail...

Not trying to put you off but have you considered you need a different rad, fan and intercooler etc...

Ive got the system in mine but need a new relay, any suggestion s for the best place to source parts???

I have a large selection of VAG relays. You are more than welcome to have a look through them.

Ill take you up on that offer please Martin...

I know they have Diavia stamped on them but your never know the serial codes could well be the same...

I have a large selection of VAG relays. You are more than welcome to have a look through them.

Try a wanted ad, I half remember somebody having some for sale a few months ago, it'll have probably gone off the system by now but maybe they never sold them?

tonedef, Ive kept my eyes peeled, the last ad for Diavia bit was for everything excpet the relays - typical...

tonedef, Ive kept my eyes peeled, the last ad for Diavia bit was for everything excpet the relays - typical...

That's the way round it was, I remember it was one part of the system or the other!

Just took a look at the Diavia wiring diagrams and they look like pretty simple relays, one single pole energise to open and one twin pole energise to close. Shouldn't take too much matching up unless you're looking for the two "control units" too?

Bugger i missed this..

Should half-9 not take this off your hands ill be interested...

Is half-9 not taking it off your hands?

If hes not keen can you send me a list of what you have and how much you want for it please?

I can certainly vouch for the kit you get from Carl when buying a climatronic install, mine was very comprehensive, carefully removed from the donor car and well packaged. Of course none of that made it an easier instsall but it was well worth the effort now the weather is getting warmer. Go for it, you know you want to!