Sign in to follow this  
Supercharged

AG Life Shine PDI Kit

Anyone had experience of the above?

They are £150 in my local VW dealer and £80 trade but they seem to be going for peanuts on eBay - ie £20 inc P&P!! - Is this the real deal?

Bloody hell.. thats a bargain! Autoglym artificial chamois is nearly a tenner from halfords by itself!!

what does the PDI stand for?

i have a lifeshine kit in the garage

PDI=Pre Delivery Inspection, so its what the dealers supposedly use on new cars before they are handed over to the customer.

Well, I just bought the first one for £6 plus another £6 delivery, can't go wrong at that price but I wouldn't mind the full kit if someone sees one cheap...

steve, my car is lifeshined! its good stuff, but get a kit from ebay, stealer prices are a joke.. i should know.. i charge £300 for it!

Yep I did, just the PDI part of the kit tho altho I wouldn't mind the bag etc if you happen to loose one Baz!

Tip - some of the stuff on eBay comes with the aerosol stuff for the interior that AG pulled because of fumes! - so make sure you get the newer one with just bottles...

steve, my car is lifeshined! its good stuff, but get a kit from ebay, stealer prices are a joke.. i should know.. i charge £300 for it!

You bloody cowboy.. ;)

I've got one of the green Autoglym bags :D Bought a set from Halfords some time ago though wasn't that expensive then.. not sure where £300 comes from for some sodding polish!

the stuffs supposed to be available trade only, parts dept get charged about £65 for the full kit. they put their margin on before selling to us, plus we have to pay about 2 hours labour for the application. okay, sales dept do alright out of it, but it all adds up!

For £300 to the average customer, its worth having. it really does last a while, and cleaning the car is easy!!