Sign in to follow this  
droog

New Corrado owner... added pics now...

Hello all, I have just taken on a 2l 16v corrado on a an 'M' plate. Seems to be a kind of purple metallic. Is a bit shabby from a year under a tree :( . I will sort that out though. I think the colour is either blackberry? or bordeax? Dunno at the min, will look on the sticker when i get the chance. The little blighter needs new headlight units (which i have), and a couple of fogs (which i also have). bit of buffing etc. etc. Think i'll just run it and see what breaks :).

The engine seems fine and doesn't smoke etc.

I'll post some pics and stuff when i have figured things out.

Speak soon :)

col.

Think i'll just run it and see what breaks :).

That's something we're all familliar with, welcome to Corrado ownership :lol:

Think i'll just run it and see what breaks :).

That's something we're all familliar with, welcome to Corrado ownership :lol:

hope you have a flexible wallet and a sympathetic bank manager :wink:

It would be gd to see another blackberry as it's such a lovely colour. You'll have get some pix up soon.

Welcome!

herisites, show off lol how clean is that !!!! Makes mine look horrible :(

:lol: that was a day well spent getting her cleaned for Ultimate Dubs!

And yours is far from horrible :wink:

herisites, show off lol how clean is that !!!! Makes mine look horrible :(

:lol: that was a day well spent getting her cleaned for Ultimate Dubs!

And yours is far from horrible :wink:

get him back this week from getting his head gasket done. Not driven him much lately....only just recently got him back from having the arches done and bits sprayed!

Im sure it'll be worth it when im polishing him up for shows.

he will have his new belt on too so no belt slip! Going to get him on the rolling road asap too to see how much extra power he has got. Cant wait!!

Sorry....back to thread :oops:

Sounds good. It will be good to see how much power you gain. And will also be good to see Zed in the metal at Edition (or sooner if we happen to meet at any other shows :wink:).

Yep back to original topic now! :lol:

LOL. My little Rado is a lot worse than those gentlemen.... But She will live again!! I will post pics soon....

LOL. My little Rado is a lot worse than those gentlemen.... But She will live again!! I will post pics soon....

Im not a bloke....im a girly :oops: :roll:

Oops, :oops: sorry! have a few pics of her now. Found the sticker in the boot it is indeed LK4Z. I spent 5 hours wet flatting with 2000 grit then, using G3 compund to bring the laquer back to life. I then spent another 2 hours of buffing using paste polish.

All this was done using my old faithful buffer (that gives the occasional shock). My back is wrecked and i am still numb. Never mind, it will all be worth it i'm sure. :wink: I still have to look after my daily driver as well you see (mk1 golf GTi). So many jobs and not enough weekend i think. I need a few parts to finish, driver leccy window switch (seems common for them to fail as far as i can see). And the interior needs a clean. As far as i know the leather interior it originally had has been stolen while it has been sat here. :( But a good cloth one has been fitted (to be replaced at a later date). I'll sort out a photobucket account and post what i have later. Thanks for the positive comments guys (and girls) :wink: Be back soon.