Sign in to follow this  
marcus

5 stud 305mm disc?

Am i right in thinking you cant buy these?

I dont know for sure if 312 is smallest 5stud to get for the VR? :roll:

im not quite sure what you mean there m8y, 280mm is smaller and the stock size, 288mm is smaller and from late mk3's onward. Not sure about 305mm, but im sure Ive heard of em on something corrado... lol

LOL, I mean to my knowledge 312 is the smallest 5 stud disc you can get to use with Brembos, But was asking if anyone knows of 305mm for a VR .

ah with brembo's! why didnt you say so.... :p

the brembo ones to my knowledge are 305 on the 4 studs. Thats not to say you wouldnt be able to buy some aftermarket 305's for a 5 stud from someone like wilwood, but im not 100% sure on that, would need to investigate..... 8)

:lol:

I did some investigating when i still had my G60 a couple years ago and was looking at various options. All got very confusing....so many options! My conclusion back then was that you could pretty much have what you wanted, as long as you want to pay for it!

Might be worth emailing em tho, as the website just confuses me :lol:

afternoon drinking Marcus? :lol:

:lol: well i understood what i was saying....must just be bad schooling :lol:

Mr. Cheesewire has 304mm or somesuch AP brakes.

But make sure you're sitting down when he tells you how much they cost :lol:

So i only need to buy 305mm discs and have them re-drilled if i wanted to stick with 16inch wheels with brembos.

Im prob gonna go for the 312mm TT discs anyway.

i have some 312 disc which i was going to use, but the et is out quite a away. which will mean the calipers need to out further. and then either spacers . or something.

Indeed they are - hence the barely under 5 digit price tag :lol:
:shock:

hmm think he added a digit by accident there mate, i'd say more like 4 digits, 5 would 10K!!!

The AP's are wicked brakes though as they do the two part separate bell / disc assemblies which are loads lighter (and loads more expensive unfortunately) than the usual 1 piece affairs!

p.s. Marcus stick with the 305x28mm discs & get them re-drilled if you can, Bill over at Badger 5 did'nt recomend using the TT 312mm discs (think they're slightly thinner) with the Brembo 4 pots when i looked into getting mine!

thats one of the reasons i haven't put the 312 tt discs on, -still sitting in the garage. keeping the 305 discs, they are 28mm thick, 312's are 25mm